Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
9/8/24 9:34 p.m.
Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/8/24 9:37 p.m.

Seeing one of those v12s looking like that is about the scariest thing I can imagine. They really don't like neglect 

Piguin
Piguin Reader
9/8/24 11:14 p.m.

Judging by where it is parked and the mess covering the engine, I don't know if neglect is going to be an issue for long.

It is probably going to fall off along with half the chassis when someone tries to move it.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/8/24 11:54 p.m.

FrenchyD could splash some gas on the air cleaner, and drive it to the Bahamas to race it. 
And the owner only wants 10 times what it's worth. Imagine that.  

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/9/24 12:50 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Unfortunately, that is scrap territory. Probably 500 to 750. But, who knows. He'd probably get a lot closer if he used a power washer and a vacuum on the engine bay

brandonsmash
brandonsmash Reader
9/9/24 6:50 p.m.

$1,500? That's a deal, I'll make arrangements straightaway.

Wait, wait, they want to SELL that for $1,500? They don't want to pay me $1,500 to haul it away? Forget that!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/9/24 8:36 p.m.
Docwemple said:

In reply to 03Panther :

Unfortunately, that is scrap territory. Probably 500 to 750. But, who knows. He'd probably get a lot closer if he used a power washer and a vacuum on the engine bay

I need a parts car, to fix my MIL Merc back up for my wife. When F B shows me a parts car ad... " runs and drives great. Just won't shift. $1850 , or I'll scrap it" they ALWAYS claim the scrap yard already offered them $600 (or whatever made up number) I always ask "where?  The ones near me still only pay around $200

I haven't gotten a legitimate answer yet, of this mythical place. 
That's car, dragged to a scrapper near me, would bring $200 

Someone with the patience to part it out, might get more, but he ain't gonna!

drew944
drew944 New Reader
9/10/24 5:56 a.m.

Bob Tulius says go for it. 

That car is a very fun 20ish mile drive from me in a beautiful valley formed by the Cumberland Plateau on one side and some mountains on the other. One catch though, the area is pretty notorious for meth. Lots of great people over there but also lots of meth

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xTueNSaN44gUIbxnU3trg9gTM3AJIwT1vAeJKiLxoUvFKEUL1GY4r8y0UqlAk9KI