AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/11/23 12:54 p.m.

Want a cheap Boxster to put a drivetrain in?

http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/82893-01-986s-roller-chassis.html

Josh was planning to do an Audi 2.7L twin turbo swap on this a couple years ago, then life changed.

Located just south of Albuquerque.

Going to be scrapped soon if nobody makes an offer, so make an offer soon by text (number is in his post).

To me it would be worth the parts if I didn't already have too many parts.

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/11/23 4:40 p.m.

Damn I'm too far away to make that work for me. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/11/23 8:17 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) :

Do these have the small Audi bolt pattern on the trans?

3/12/23 10:26 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I'm pretty sure that he's already sold the transmission from this, but the 986 Boxsters, from what I have already considered swap of, have the same bolt pattern as the B5, C5 , and D3 Chassis with 1.8T, 2.8L, 2.7L twin turbo, 4.2L V8 . I haven't looked at the adjacent year models much, but I expect there's more? ...2.5L, VR6? Not sure a Transverse would fit, but if I had one I'd take a look.

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
3/28/23 2:50 p.m.

Damnit. I've been starting to work on my Boxster again and this is itching at me to try to get it for the body panels. 

3/28/23 4:05 p.m.

I bet you can get it for $1k. Shipping could be under $1k if you are patient and shop around. Good clean title to build with parts from your wrecked car.

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
3/28/23 4:29 p.m.

I sent him a text. Waiting to hear back. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
3/28/23 4:54 p.m.

Well we're chatting now.

A shell with good rear quarters and a windshield frame would get me into a "complete" or I guess more "road worthy" you could say Boxster than mine. 

And between the two could probably get some of that investment back by selling off duplicate parts. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9S7T4avNhhO98FPGgbiUcTCdr3vbDqwHbcagvTqmlPw98tJc9QEZjiR8ABijeiCH