slowTA
slowTA
11/11/17 5:30 p.m.

The good,
It is a 2005 Z51 with 42K miles, Black, 6 speed, very clean black interior. The paint and body is about a 7 or 8 out of 10 with typical rock chips etc for a car with this mileage. The roof is body colored. The car has onstar and DVD navigation The water pump (around 30k miles) and balancer (36k miles) have been replaced , these are known items that go south relatively quickly.

The bad,
The heads up display is there and turns on, but the glue that holds the mirror in let go and the display vibrates as you drive down the road. The brakes are original, including the fluid (shame on me). The tires were replaced with Firestone run flats in 2011, I think the car had 18 - 20k miles at the time. There is plenty of tread left but they’re almost 8 years old already! A part of the front bumper by the driver’s headlight is popped up due to…

The ugly,
In August of 2016 at around, 36k miles, I ran over a chunk of a brake drum that damaged the air dam, front crossmember, exhaust, and chipped the rear crossmember and transmission. My insurance wrote off the car and I can only insure it for liability, so that means you have to check with your insurance first. I replaced the air dam, front crossmember, and exhaust intermediate pipe (with an x-pipe) then got it aligned and have been driving it ever since. The rear crossmember and transmission don’t look any worse than the day it happened.

After all that is said, I’m asking $17,000 as I already had an offer from a dealer on a trade in. It is still a great looking car (outside of the bumper… that isn’t too obvious) so it won’t be a show car and due to the accident it won’t be a collector item either. I’m including all the original owner’s manual, sales stuff, and both keys & FOBs.

Please note the red circles showing the chips in the trans strengthening rib and rear crossmember. The chip in the transmission is worse on the other side, but when I took the picture it was parked up against a wall so viewing from the other side wasn't easy. If someone asks I can get a better picture.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/t46uMpGS2MhKHkuC2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4CEOGKegUrYsY5czIQwnEcgVZc8Z2dPQvG9AQUhTBXcx9A8PFDYYk9Z9EMaVxhFu