vwfreek
vwfreek Reader
10/4/20 9:29 a.m.

I'm posting this in hopes that someone else will buy it. I have too many projects, but if it's for sale too long I won't be able to resist. I even have a parts car with a good roof clip.

https://wausau.craigslist.org/atq/d/marathon-1968-mercedes-200d-diesel/7207678146.html

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
10/4/20 10:15 a.m.

Shame about the roof, not a bad looking car.

128racecar
128racecar Reader
10/4/20 7:48 p.m.

Having owned many Mercedes diesels over the years, reviving these is usually easier than gas powered cars. Diesel fuel doesn't tend to cause as much havoc compared to gasoline as it gets old when it comes to gumming things up, but it does like to suck up water. Chances are, with new glow plugs, fresh fuel/fuel purge, and a stout battery, it will fire up. It's hard to kill these motors. That said, they are slower than hell.

Amazingly, glowplugs on Rockauto are available. About $62 set of four

Marc in Indy

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
10/5/20 7:44 a.m.

I used to have one of these, a 66. They're deadly slow and I couldn't imagine driving one here in Texas except for maybe country roads but the tractor might get pissed when they have to overtake you on a two-lane road.

vwfreek
vwfreek Reader
10/5/20 2:09 p.m.

I'm tempted to buy it, get it running, hammer the dents out, and just cruise around. But I already have a '67 W110 230 project car and a '64 190D parts car. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x7hxCuRp86zDR0dGnjdQ9BTLLo7b85IuqlyH4MKKew0T7LK3MdCKfNEQnWOAMLAf