smike
smike New Reader
2/21/16 8:29 a.m.

[B]1967 Sunbeam Alpine V Make Offer[/B]

Email: dgpartsales @ gmail Phone number: 248 six six zero 0 44 eight Location: Akron, OH Price: $ Make Offer

[B]History:[/B] I purchased this car a few years ago as a rough driver - great for racecar conversion. Good bones and structure. This car can go a dozen different ways. Swap in a Ford small block - Tiger. Swap in I4 - cooler Miata. Curb weight is 2200 lb on a stock Alpine. Target weight in this trim is much lower.

Car is titled and was driven on the street (has tags).

Race NASA, SCCA, Lemons, Vintage.

[B]Engine:[/B] Stock 1.8L (82-93hp) has been pulled for swap - still have assembled if someone wants to swap back in Donor motor is a 2.3L from a Ford Ranger w/112 hp Donor motor has new - spark plugs and wires, coil packs, alternator, water pump, fuel filter, oil filter The 2.3L Ford used a 2nd spark for emissions - delayed spark chased combustion cycle to scavenge. I have re-wired for 2nd spark to fire on main cycle - better burning of combustion cycle...more power!

[B]Drivetrain/Transmission:[/B] Stock 4 speed is with motor and can be swapped back in. Shifted smoothly and no grinding Donor transmission also shift smoothly

[B]Chassis:[/B] Mark McMahan (Rollcageguy.com) 6pt custom NASA/SCCA legal roll cage with gussets and tied into frame Mark also made an aluminum rear deck that flows very nicely where the convertible top went New OE suspension shocks and struts

Windshield and seats have been saved. This car did not have a top when I purchased

[B]Brakes:[/B] Front calipers rebuilt with new seals and stock pads Rear drums rebuilt with new shoes

[B]Wheel/Tire:[/B] 13in OE wheels in the car now 4x108 bolt pattern (Mustang IIs used same pattern) with new Goodyear SX4 tires

[B]Interior:[/B] All wiring and gauges still in car and unmodified Donor Ford 2.3L wiring harness, connections, and ECU pulled for easy install

[B]Body:[/B] Overall good. The headlight bezels were rusted when I purchased the car. I've removed all the rusted sections and covered openings with a solid metal plate for now. Can cut in whole for headlights or leave for racecar. All trim has been kept including headlight trim. French in or screw back on to complete Sunbeam look. Aluminum headlight covers from a Cobra replica car fit this as well. Door handles have been shaved. And front bumper has a GT350

[B]Spares/Misc:[/B] OE windshield OE seats Trim and bumpers

[B]Photos:[/B]

smike
smike New Reader
2/26/16 5:09 a.m.

Some inquires into the car. Motivated seller. :)

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Reader
2/26/16 5:32 a.m.

looks like a really good cage.

smike
smike New Reader
2/26/16 12:14 p.m.

Yes sir. It is a very good cage.

smike
smike New Reader
3/14/16 1:11 p.m.

Convertible season is here :)

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
3/14/16 1:15 p.m.
smike wrote:

Hey! That's my bungee cord! I knew you had it.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
3/14/16 1:36 p.m.

That would be the perfect car for a rear wheel drive Zetec... that I have in my shed... and I could pay for the car in cash... but don't really have room but could go in a buddy's garage... but I can't buy a car from a guy that doesn't give back a bungee cord.

Whew, that was a close one! GLWS

smike
smike New Reader
3/15/16 7:22 a.m.

lol pinchvalve - I'll throw in the bungee cord with purchase :)

RossD wrote: That would be the perfect car for a rear wheel drive Zetec... that I have in my shed... and I could pay for the car in cash... but don't really have room but could go in a buddy's garage... but I can't buy a car from a guy that doesn't give back a bungee cord. Whew, that was a close one! GLWS

You have the motor - just throw it in! Cash is always welcomed. Ah, I'm sure your buddy wont mind a caged Sunbeam in his garage.

smike
smike New Reader
3/28/16 7:53 a.m.

Open to offers :)

smike
smike New Reader
4/5/16 6:19 a.m.

Answered all calls and emails. Open to offers :)

smike
smike New Reader
4/14/16 6:34 a.m.

Price reduced!

Great v8 (or 2.3L Turbo) swap candidate!

smike
smike New Reader
4/26/16 12:25 p.m.

New price - there isn't one! Make offer!

smike
smike New Reader
5/24/16 5:10 a.m.

Bump!

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Reader
5/24/16 6:00 a.m.

If I were anywhere close to you this would be on my trailer already... sigh... a 4g63 would be lovely in that car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sW7dqm6tA81ikWbSsn7oqnwUpO637XxKMKnUtU1iFWk5O45qG6dATCq4e0DEInKc