rdcyclist
rdcyclist HalfDork
1/24/24 12:43 p.m.

A complete Rayburn dirt tracker for Five Steves! Don't know if this can be made to turn right but it would be fun to try...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1397279111186527/

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UberDork
1/24/24 12:57 p.m.

Ah yes. Another numeric "dollars" nickname that is unfamiliar. Perhaps if I'm told how many stacks.. I can triangulate back to a value for some Steve's.

...or just click the link and see

/get off my lawn

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
1/24/24 1:56 p.m.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
1/25/24 8:56 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

In my life time, I've only seen one poster use it. It appeared to mean $100 in one post; $1000 in several. 
I, being a somewhat dense individual, that tends toward literal interpretations, asked where the reference is from. But did not get a response. 
Glad to see it's not just me. 

rdcyclist
rdcyclist HalfDork
1/25/24 9:28 a.m.

While I believe it's fairly easy to figger out what 1 Steve works out to by taking a look at the ad and doing some fairly simple math I present the start of this metric:

AMiataCalledSteve said:

$1k. Or by my reckoning, 1 Steve (the blue Miata in my profile pic). I bought that car for a grand in college and it's been the yardstick by which I measure all other purchases ever since.

He posted this in his NASCAR school car resurrection thread and a few of us adopted it. I'll continue to use unless it's not annoying...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N949BTEEgYdW9ykqpXlGpunW7DUzGmiP8CS2L170ODNGamgo1gxt7JFrAaWDKMDt