1 2
yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
7/25/24 1:45 p.m.
Docwemple said:

In reply to yupididit :

The sound is addictive,  especially if you have only primary cats and straight pipes. Like me 

Will it be a part of your garage sale?

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
7/25/24 1:54 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Probably not. But who knows

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
7/25/24 2:47 p.m.
Colin Wood said:

Also? Life is short, how many times in your life can you say you've not only driven a Bentley, but owned one, too?

I really enjoyed my time with my Turbo R. It was a bucket list car. 

That said, I'm glad it's not mine anymore. Worse than the complication was having to order every part from Europe. 

grover
grover Dork
7/27/24 5:38 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to Docwemple :

V10 is cool but this one goes 2 more! (V12)

Erm- W12 because vag just has to be weird. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
7/28/24 9:39 p.m.
yupididit said:

Isnt it just two VR6 engines?

They had crank breakage issues because it's basically a V12 in the length of a V8 but with 12 semi-discrete rod journals.

If it's like the twin turbo V8, replacing the starter doesn't require taking it off its mounts, it's dropping the engine and subframe as an assembly so you can peel one of the turbos off to get to it.

Euro luxobarges are usually cheap because the people who can afford them, can afford NEW ones, and they don't want to be seen driving old ones.  They are also usually usually pretty skinflint so the cars degrade quickly.

It always amused me when we'd simultaneously have someone with a 6 year old BMW quibbling about a $500 repair and someone with a 10 year old Toyota happily spending $2500 on maintenance and scheduling their other one for service.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HdmRxZElEkXvzBw5u1JdjHBjFzHgA7KSTcb1ecBOlarUZq9bhjLCTJXwadGtJM0s