Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
6/27/20 11:19 a.m.

Saw this at an estate sale I went to.  Thought someone might be interested. 

Mays Ave, Riverview Fl

Danny Shields (Forum Supporter)
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
6/27/20 11:57 a.m.

Sign says 1997? 50th anniversary of what?

Edit: Maybe 1995, 40th anniversary of original Thunderbird?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
6/27/20 12:21 p.m.

I'm going with it being a '95 T-Bird by the sign in the garage that said "95 T-Bird Parking Only"

Some of what the people had labelled inside and in the garage were just wrong.

Will
Will UltraDork
6/27/20 12:55 p.m.

That car is weird.

It has a 97 hood, headlights, bumpers, side cladding, taillights, spoiler and decklid badging.

But it has 94-95 V8 badges and door handles.

There wasn't a factory 40th anniversary package in 95, but there was a delaer package. That car doesn't have it.

There was a Limited Edition package available in 97. That car doesn't have it.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
6/27/20 4:08 p.m.

In reply to Will :

Interesting.  I have a couple other pictures, including one of the interior.  Think that might help sort out what it is?

Will
Will UltraDork
6/27/20 4:51 p.m.

The gauge cluster and rear package shelf will offer more clues, as will the engine, if you have a pic of that.

Also: I could be wrong on this, but I think the VIN for a 95 should start 1FALP65 and one for a 97 should start 1FALP67.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
6/27/20 5:03 p.m.

Moved the camera when I got the rear interior pic and I didn't want to open the hood without asking.

Will
Will UltraDork
6/27/20 6:01 p.m.

Definitely a 97. They have a 1-year only gauge cluster (same as the Taurus of that year), cupholders in the center console and ashtray in the bottom DIN slot.

Best guess is the door handle broke and he replaced it with one for a 95. And maybe he just added V8 badges because he liked them.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
6/27/20 6:12 p.m.

It was an estate sale, maybe the owner was older and was just confused for some reason

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/28/20 12:23 a.m.

Not the first time I've seen someone be totally confused about what year their car is. Someone stuck the anniversary-edition badges on my 96 before I bought it even though it wasn't original, I left them on there. But yeah, looks like a 97. (I can't really remember what the different gauges look like, but Will is right that the 97s were different. The cupholders are a common swap into earlier years, but again a 97-only part from the factory. I didn't know about the ashtray.)

Ignoring all that, if it's rust-free and in good condition, it's not a bad price for it. I wish I could buy it, it reminds me of my old car.

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes Reader
6/29/20 8:29 p.m.

I forget where exactly I saw it, but there is a 20th Anniversary Cougar for sale in north/central Florida on Craigslist.  This and that Cougar would be an interesting pair.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qXXH9yfAfH7g7ZVVqKPLx4kBAeRdEuwrSLCmY2LHR0Og6Eq6I7kblQvRxy4VyKzE