loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
6/18/23 5:24 p.m.

Yes, it's true. The car that I've poured thousands of hours and well over $60,000 into building and developing is for sale. You can see the whole build from the beginning here Pink Panther YouTube playlist . For those TLDR people, I'll list the highlights here: Body is carbon and fibreglass. Weighs 1556 lbs without driver, 400+ hp at the wheels, 2.0 LHU Ecotec direct injected engine. ZFR turbo (ceramic ball bearing, titanium impeller), ported head, ZZP valve springs, balance shaft delete, APR head studs, baffled/trap door oil pan, Superdamper, Ford 9” aluminum diff (31 spline) with Variloc clutched LSD, 3 link with Panhard, dual wishbone suspension, Richmond Super T-10 four speed, ceramic clutch, Wilwood brakes, power steering and adjustable seat, Holley digital dash, Keizer 13” wheels, extra set of Keizer wheels with rain tires mounted, aerodynamics CFD designed by JKF Aero consulting, suspension designed in CAD and confirmed by Ron Sutton Race Engineering, Penske double adjustable coil overs tuned by Guy Ankeny.  Three 3rd places at SCCA Solo Nationals and a win in AM at a Tour event. Easy to drive, easy on tires, easy to maintain, easy to get parts for. Will be in Lincoln for Nationals if you want a closer look

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/19/23 2:03 p.m.

That's a nice car and all, but I thought right away of this!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/19/23 2:19 p.m.

This car is such a great example of a project evolving and getting ever further out of hand :)

For those who like reading over videos, here's 112 pages of build diary - and it doesn't even start at the beginning.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/scca-emod-mgb-gt-v12-build/26822/page1/

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
6/19/23 7:14 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

This car is such a great example of a project evolving and getting ever further out of hand :)

For those who like reading over videos, here's 112 pages of build diary - and it doesn't even start at the beginning.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/scca-emod-mgb-gt-v12-build/26822/page1/

And there are 275 videos detailing the build on my YouTube channel HERE

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/19/23 8:10 p.m.

Wow. It looks like an MGB mated with a Can Am car. Still can't figure out where the engine is.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro SuperDork
6/20/23 12:48 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

where the passengers seat and floorboard would be

Docwemple
Docwemple HalfDork
6/20/23 1:36 p.m.

Amazing.  Has to be the quickest B ever

corytate
corytate UltraDork
6/21/23 6:21 p.m.

This car has been my all time favorite internet build to follow since the beginning. To see its many iterations and behold what it has become and accomplished is truly awe inspiring and a true treat. Whoever winds up with the Pink Panther is blessed indeed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uU8Asx0xCfTziK43xOxdVFGQlg9bLoTGTbjx2XN0doVinbWMJG3bR7wB1yb45qp1