Tyler H
Tyler H UltraDork
12/1/18 11:45 a.m.

Looking for another V6 swap candidate in good shape -- original paint, no rust, etc.  Don't really care if the engine has issues.  Ideally a 93+ Turbo in any color other than red.  Wouldn't pass on a nice NA, but that leaves me shopping for Turbo components.

Please keep me in mind if you see anything!  :)

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
12/1/18 12:22 p.m.

Neither of mine are for sale, but will keep an eye out. :)

Tyler H
Tyler H UltraDork
12/1/18 12:53 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Neither of mine are for sale, but will keep an eye out. :)

Well, this gets my lifetime MR2 counter to 15 if it happens.  Pretty depressing looking around at what's available.  The last one I had I paid $1200 for and it was in good enough shape to drive onto the trailer.  A new AFM later and I drove it to work for a couple of weeks before I swapped it.  

If I could find a nice swap candidate for <$5k I'd be happy.  There's one in BF Florida that I'm looking at that already has been sitting for 5 years after an abandoned swap project.  Looks really good for $2500, but that's a 10 hour tow each way and several of hours of putting it together enough to roll onto a trailer.  

I figure if I'm going to ever own another one, now is the time.  

$1200 91 Turbo that I bought in 2013:  

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
12/1/18 1:02 p.m.

My Miata count is as high as your MR2 count :D

My MR2 count is low 3.  93T Turquoise bought in 95, still own.  94T bought new, still own (9,100 miles).   Bought a 94NA to DD for a while. Sold it. 

Tyler H
Tyler H UltraDork
12/12/18 9:46 a.m.

Edit:  OR an IS-300 OR a Mk3 Supra.  

Looking to relive my grunge-era youth and affinity for Toyota.  Aka something I can put a 1 or 2JZ-GTE into.

MAN...pickins are slim out there.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
12/12/18 10:42 a.m.

I don't want an IS300, but looks like we had the same youth ;) I have been searching for a MK3 Supra for a while (91-92 only) and there are no pickings. There was a basketcase one on BAT< and still it brought good money.  If you want the 86-89 ones, which I don't, there are tons out there.(at least locally)

Tyler H
Tyler H UberDork
12/13/18 5:22 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

I don't want an IS300, but looks like we had the same youth ;) I have been searching for a MK3 Supra for a while (91-92 only) and there are no pickings. There was a basketcase one on BAT< and still it brought good money.  If you want the 86-89 ones, which I don't, there are tons out there.(at least locally)

I saw that black 92 and figured....I might bid $5-6k, which I thought was high.  NOPE.  I also would want a later one.

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
12/19/18 8:39 a.m.

What's your budget? My buddy has a '91 turbo in the Troy NY area (12180) that he wants to sell. White, no rust (front bumper is peppered with chips). The stock 3SGTE is in running order and salable should you choose that path.

Tyler H
Tyler H UberDork
12/19/18 1:34 p.m.
thebigchill said:

What's your budget? My buddy has a '91 turbo in the Troy NY area (12180) that he wants to sell. White, no rust (front bumper is peppered with chips). The stock 3SGTE is in running order and salable should you choose that path.

Thanks, encourage him to post it for sale here first!  :) 

divinity
divinity
12/20/18 12:09 p.m.

Sorry this is an off topic post, but Tyler H, I read through your post about 1MZ swap about " I built a patch harness so none of the stock body harness was altered and the V6 engine harness just plugged in, it also meant you could swap the engine without messing with wires...just unplug it. I documented and proved a wiring diagram with the car and wrote my email address on the ECU in case future owners had questions. All of my emissions gear was there, even though it didn't need to be in my state. Evap, charcoal canister, o2 sensors, etc. Obd2 port. No codes or CEL. Used a 98 Camry 5spd ECU so no immobilizer or AT error codes. "

Could you share more details and diagrams? or maybe make and sell me a patch?  Please PM me, I'm new so I can't send PM yet.

Thanks,

Tyler H
Tyler H UberDork
12/23/18 12:23 p.m.
divinity said:

Sorry this is an off topic post, but Tyler H, I read through your post about 1MZ swap about " I built a patch harness so none of the stock body harness was altered and the V6 engine harness just plugged in, it also meant you could swap the engine without messing with wires...just unplug it. I documented and proved a wiring diagram with the car and wrote my email address on the ECU in case future owners had questions. All of my emissions gear was there, even though it didn't need to be in my state. Evap, charcoal canister, o2 sensors, etc. Obd2 port. No codes or CEL. Used a 98 Camry 5spd ECU so no immobilizer or AT error codes. "

Could you share more details and diagrams? or maybe make and sell me a patch?  Please PM me, I'm new so I can't send PM yet.

Thanks,

My Gmail address is 87tylerh@ 

Email me and maybe I can help you out.  If you have the same donor and year MR2, I'll get you pretty close.  If not, I can recommend how to go about it.  If you're not comfortable with wiring, then buying a harness is pretty affordable these days for the amount of work it takes.

Good luck!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mh5ydFsNibqHWomyoR8J0muUOjKx4iKraQKPzUlZ1MbEmHMspQM8PYxERPLrQMHf