J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
8/16/23 10:07 a.m.
feature_image

If you’re a fan of the series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, then you might recognize this car. The show’s host Jerry Seinfeld and guest Steve Martin rode in this 1953 Siata 208 CS Balbo Berlinetta.

Siata built only 11 examples of the Fiat 8V-powered, Carrozzeria Balbo-bodied, alu…

Read the rest of the story

Don2001l
Don2001l New Reader
8/17/23 8:47 a.m.

Beautiful car !

But looking through the pictures the bushings as an example were so cracked looking it might be a hasard to drive !

When undertaking a restoration of something like this where would you get parts like that ?

Whats with those panels screwed on to cover the drive shaft tunnel ?? Those don't look original ;)

peterpan3201
peterpan3201 New Reader
8/17/23 5:27 p.m.

It was a 1954 in the show and it was red, with different NY plates if it's the same car, details please. The person that would buy this car has enough $$$$ to have parts commissioned but then it wouldn't be original so the value would decline. You kind of have to make a decision what's more important to you spirited driving or originality. These kind of cars are a bit like statues of antiquity, so it was nice to see it driven. I do remember Jerry's hands shaking whilst the car was being driven at highway speeds ,untrued wire wheels or bushings. And it broke down no surprise at all . I imagine it only is driven slowly and for short drives. I get it !! but, lack the $$$$. So I cannot get it.                        L'auto e bellissima . Sbalorditiva

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
8/17/23 6:45 p.m.

In reply to peterpan3201 :

The episode with Steve Martin aired in 2016. The car was restored to its original color in 2018. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RxAlWv0dsxFwLqnDvA83N4yAyzbqgvR9ilpEUHlMSCXZDHnMjyNFJKnOTyg13EoR