J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
2/4/24 8:38 a.m.
feature_image

That’s how RM Sotheby’s is billing this Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa. It may be hard to dispute that, especially after it had a full restoration by Ferrari Classiche in 2013.

This is a “pontoon-fendered” Testa Rossa, just one of 19 bodied as such by famed coachbuilder Sergio S…

Read the rest of the story

Don2001l
Don2001l New Reader
2/4/24 11:23 a.m.

Sorry, but no ;)

Those pontoon front fenders and the un godly  opening behind the front wheels Ug...

We went to the Simeon museum a few years back for Ferrari day, they had one there as part of that display, it did not live up to expectations...

( remember It's "personal" taste )

If someone else defined what we liked, (told us what to like ) we would all be driving the next Model T and eating Vanilla ice cream...

William Colom
William Colom
2/4/24 12:01 p.m.

Agree 100% with Don2001l...uglier than hell!! 
Like the Emperor said to Mozart in "Amadeus" the movie: "Too many notes!" ...the most beautiful Ferrari ever:  1962 250 SWB Berlinetta  (look it up!!)

mcloud
mcloud New Reader
2/4/24 1:04 p.m.

Who made THAT decision?  

They need to be educated in the finer points of automotive  aesthetics.  There are several Ferraris that are better looking that this bulbous lump.  

gsarahs
gsarahs New Reader
2/4/24 1:46 p.m.

Ridiculous idea.

I thought that the Ferrari 250 GT Lusso was the most beautiful when I first saw a picture of one back in 1963, and nothing new introduced by Ferrari since has changed my mind!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/4/24 5:51 p.m.

Definitely NOT the most beautiful Ferrari ever built, but it may well be the most expensive.  

Don2001l
Don2001l New Reader
2/7/24 12:59 a.m.

Ho ho, I guess I put on my flame proof undies for nothing :)

It looks good from behind 8~)

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/10/24 10:34 a.m.
Don2001l said:

It looks good from behind 8~)

I know of many things that look good from behind but not nearly so much from the front or side. I'll spare everyone an example, but you know what I mean........

Docwemple
Docwemple HalfDork
2/10/24 9:09 p.m.

I miss the days when these would show up or vintage racing with cracked paint, some exposed bomdo and so on... Hell, I can't remember the last time I saw one on track period. 

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
3/11/24 12:41 p.m.

I guess European designs aren't for me. None of the three mentioned here have just right proportions in my eyes. The '62 reminds me of the off proportions of a kit car like a Jamaica, the other one looks like it has bulging "eyes".

Okay, back to admiring 2x4 styling such as roadrunners, I guess...

Don2001l
Don2001l New Reader
3/24/24 9:41 a.m.
William Colom said:
Rofl - Like the Emperor said to Mozart in "Amadeus" the movie: "Too many notes!" 

...the most beautiful Ferrari ever:  1962 250 SWB Berlinetta 

Yes, very nice ! looks Astin  martin DB ish in some shots.

as always, beauty is in the eye of The beholder 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ojXt2TnS95CypKUx0pgzy7L51giK7In0xds6lEYrSAgMP8gRv27Wo7Kh24i54kXe