Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/7/20 2:04 p.m.

WOW

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
12/7/20 6:33 p.m.

The car pictured is not the one for sale!

The car listed for sale here is in pieces and that should be made clearer with photos of what is for sale.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
12/8/20 7:02 a.m.

Hell, where do I send my check? Thats gorgeous for $8000.

NOT!!!!!

Quite the deceptive ad. OP should edit it for the good of the entire forum.

APEowner
APEowner Dork
12/8/20 8:41 a.m.

It's also not clear what, exactly the car is.  It's not, apparently a real Royale and I don't think it's legal in the the Spec Racer class with the engine that comes with it.  Depending on condition it may be worth the asking price but there's no way to tell from the ad.

fastoldfart
fastoldfart Reader
12/9/20 12:46 a.m.

I would think the ad clearly states the car is a clone, built in the ‘70s, raced late 70s-early 80s that posses a logbook and history that makes it eligible with most vintage groups. It starts by stating clearly that assembly, bodywork and fabrication are still required. A picture is include clearly identified as a teaser of a finished car and stating real pics to follow. I find it hard to see anything deceptive to anyone who actually read the add.

jmurf28
jmurf28 New Reader
12/9/20 11:38 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/9/20 11:42 a.m.
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

Hell, where do I send my check? Thats gorgeous for $8000.

NOT!!!!!

Quite the deceptive ad. OP should edit it for the good of the entire forum.

yes, this

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/9/20 12:04 p.m.

I still think this is an amazing deal, I'm waiting patiently for pics of the actual car. 

nocones
nocones UltraDork
12/9/20 12:24 p.m.

TIL a Royale RP4 is Gorgeous. 

I honestly anxiously await seeing if a clone of one looks like a 917 made by RCR or Elite Enterprise.

APEowner
APEowner Dork
12/9/20 1:50 p.m.
fastoldfart said:

I would think the ad clearly states the car is a clone, built in the ‘70s, raced late 70s-early 80s that posses a logbook and history that makes it eligible with most vintage groups. It starts by stating clearly that assembly, bodywork and fabrication are still required. A picture is include clearly identified as a teaser of a finished car and stating real pics to follow. I find it hard to see anything deceptive to anyone who actually read the add.

I could see how someone might think it's deceptive but my issue with it is that I can't tell what's really being sold from the ad.  All clones are not created equal and the fact that the engine that's listed doesn't match the car that it's cloning makes me wonder how accurate a clone it is.  Not knowing who the builder is also makes it hard to judge value.  I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures and reading more about it.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
12/9/20 2:48 p.m.

In reply to APEowner :

Many sports racing cars of this era were sold new without an engine. Thus only the chassis is a clone. In Europe there was a very active 2 liter class with no engine restrictions other than normally aspirated. Quite active world wide in historics now. Prettier than a Chevron too.

APEowner
APEowner Dork
12/9/20 4:18 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

In reply to APEowner :

Many sports racing cars of this era were sold new without an engine. Thus only the chassis is a clone. In Europe there was a very active 2 liter class with no engine restrictions other than normally aspirated. Quite active world wide in historics now. Prettier than a Chevron too.

I'm certainly not an expert on the Sports Racer class but I've never seen one with a Mitsubishi engine in it.  Is there a sanctioning body that would let you run one?  Actually, I'm thinking of the later 12 valve engines.  There were earlier versions of the Colt than that so there could be a vintage legal version that could run with the Ford/Lotus twin-cam cars.  Again, there's not enough information in the ad to tell what this car is or where you could race it and I'm looking forward to finding out more.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
12/9/20 7:38 p.m.

I read the ad and moved on, no need for the anger or accusations he was clear that it's a clone and doesn't have pics currently. If you don't like it move along or wait for real pics if he can procure some. 

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
12/9/20 7:50 p.m.

Yeah, because I can actually read, the ad was not deceptive to me.  Clearly stated it was a teaser pic.

12/9/20 8:30 p.m.

Agreed, but if you're a car guy and looking to place an ad for a car that's in pieces in the garage, why not wait a few more days and go take some pix. If it's been apart for that long, what the urgency in placing an ad like that right now instead of next week?

If it has Royale bodywork, uprights and wheels, those pieces alone are probably worth the asking price. Many chassis' of that era were probably destroyed and replicated anyway, so unless it's way, way off most wouldn't know. It also has the transaxle you want, with the much stronger MK5 internals. 

I'd actually be interested in the car but would need to see current pictures of ALL the bits and pieces included in this project.

Waiting.........................

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
12/9/20 8:43 p.m.

In reply to lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) :

I agree but while you're waiting another buying might be contacting the OP in private and making a deal.  Like Indy Guy I read the ad and was very aware what was being offered.  If I were serious about buying it I wouldn't post a response on the forum saying I was wating on pictures.  I would have already made a move.

12/9/20 9:35 p.m.

Understood and it's what I would do if I "needed" this. I was trying to get the OP to enhance his listing with some additional pix and info for all to see. I already have enough projects.

Rons
Rons Reader
12/12/20 1:44 p.m.

In reply to fastoldfart :

First question is: Where is this project currently located ?

Edit   Sorry  I missed the Calgary at first otherwise things that make you think  hmmm.

fastoldfart
fastoldfart Reader
10/18/21 7:24 p.m.

In reply to fastoldfart :

Update , car was sold last year but the new owner has lost shop space. Now listed on Bring-a-trailer with lots of photos. Wish I could buy it back.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-royale-clone-rp4/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YEyiW9NxhQzagAIOcTJ5Jj811IwHI4fSCS16OgbeipJyHsytK0Kyf6FGc79lS4BG