1 2 3
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
5/22/14 9:20 p.m.
wspohn wrote:
Trans_Maro wrote: Alpine. The Dino is a Fiat.
You are incorrect. While Ferrari did sell a slightly detuned version of the engine to Fiat for the Fiat Dinos in both open and closed configurations, the pictured cars is not one of those Fiats, it is a Dino. Dino was a separate marque created by Enzo in commemoration of his son, as an experiment in producing a lower output smaller car, as he wanted to keep the Ferrari name for the bigger engine stuff. In the end it didn't matter much as just about everyone calls the Dino a Ferrari anyway. I'll add another option for funky little car I'd like to have in my stable - how about this one?

Yes please. This is the winner. I'd take it over the Muira.

stan
stan UltraDork
5/23/14 8:03 a.m.

The Dino is a pretty girl (and everyone likes a pretty girl), while the Alpine is a pretty, athletic girl.

Alpine

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
5/23/14 12:44 p.m.
stan wrote: The Dino is a pretty girl (and everyone likes a pretty girl), while the Alpine is a pretty, athletic girl. Alpine

Along that line of thinking the Miura is a heiress that made (or bought) her way onto the track team. Sure, she won't win a gold medal, but she puts on a good show, and is quite entertaining non the less.

The Stratos is an Amazon warrior. Be careful, if you make her mad she'll hurt you.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
5/23/14 1:27 p.m.
TR8owner wrote: How about a Puma GT. Looks like a cross between the Alpine and Dino. Plus the VW engine is a lot easier and cheaper to fix.

OK, if we're getting silly, how about something with a rear mounted Renault engine and trans and a fiberglass body from the late 60's early 70's. No no, not the A110, a Manic GT built in the frozen North

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
5/23/14 3:25 p.m.
Then again my opinion is worth every cent you're paying me for it.....but still I'm right.

That sounds like a quote for the mag!

Ecosse
Ecosse New Reader
5/23/14 7:22 p.m.

Alpine...but has to be in French racing blue. Most other colors look out of place for obvious reasons.

fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
5/24/14 8:22 a.m.

On looks alone, I find it hard to choose. But I'll always take the pretty face that can also get down and dirty

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EkBCW8noYA4epBY7fLQchBtmtlsCFehWxfIHkx5hDkS06s7OpOiYVcmq8mvmCAWJ