airbats801
airbats801 New Reader
6/5/14 7:35 p.m.

I'm kinda guessing no, but I have an 87 mitsu race coor race truck, fully logged in the 87, and 88 series, then another few years in some other local racing. It was converted to turbo, and setup for endurance racing with a 30gallon cell, but otherwise chassis is still original 1988 spec I'm always willing to convert it back to stock carbureted spec if need be.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/5/14 7:40 p.m.

1) I need to see pics of this truck
2) If it has proper safety equipment and racing heritage there is a place you will be able to race it.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/5/14 8:37 p.m.

I'd get with your local vintage/historic racing sanctioning body. Plus NASA will probably have a place for it. Your local SCCA might, too.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/5/14 8:48 p.m.

Yeah, Tommy and Bobby Archer drove these back in the 80s. I'll bet HSR or one of the other vintage series would find a home for it.

I found a whole race at Brainerd with both Archers and Steve Saleen in it. Pretty cool! here

Edit: The Archers raced Jeep Comanches. How frikkin' awesome was idea? So retarded yet so compelling. A Nissan Hardbody would have been my race car of choice for this.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/5/14 9:19 p.m.

B2200 for me. Or Mitsu Mighty Max.

airbats801
airbats801 New Reader
6/6/14 1:38 a.m.

here are some vintage, and I will post some present pics. I'm currently restoring it back ti 1987/88 graphics.

pikes peak winner 1988. This is possibly a seperate 88 truck, I've been talking with dave wolin who ran all team mitsu from the 80s and he said they had quite a few trucks, I do know from results and racing mine is the 88 scca truck from 87/88

Also, I have been lucky enough to meet fred lux who now plays in lemans vipers n what not who was the crew chief for wolin in all the 80s racing. Fred said the keep[ and ford teams were cheating quite a bit, while they were getting scrutinized bad with weight penalized. They did a lil cheating themselves though, fred said they usually didnt put the penalty weights in the box that were suppose to be there lol.

Current pictures A second seat for a bigger guy was added for the driver, and the original was bolted into the passenger side which use to be empty, there are no provisions for the passenger other than a lap belt now lol

Current engine config, tech 2 standalone, with sparco air water intercooler, originally had a firehawk starion engine in it, but had a bnad bearing when I bought it. I installed a stock starion engine, with an hks 9lbs flywheel, and the hks downpipe it had, The engine response and feel is amazing, and from all of the g54b turbos I havbe owned this thing is one of a kind with the parts it has installed.

using this video I was able to figure out which num,ber my truck was lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnSYj1hAPs0

kenny kong was the real good racer for the mitsu team though.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/6/14 7:15 a.m.

Where's that meme of the guy vomming rainbows when you need it.....

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
6/6/14 7:18 a.m.

I'm sure NASA TT will have a place for it … lopracer to the NASA info courtesy phone please

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku PowerDork
6/9/14 9:47 a.m.

Improved touring truck. (ITT) SCCA in Atlanta has/had a class for these. Not sure if the turbo would be legal though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dnAUT77Cv3VaHwp4ubgIxZwjXSH9NhxhWOgYPW0iuys4OPU2xqdQfW2wvqidHft0