1 2
Gary
Gary HalfDork
2/13/15 6:47 a.m.
Rupert wrote: In reply to Gary: Hey Gary, don't hate me! I spent almost 50 years, many times working 24/7 getting into this position! Emulate me instead!

Rupert, I was joking of course. Wife and I are heading to South FL for a week in just a few days, so that's sort of emulating you. I can't wait to put on shorts, flip flops and my CM t-shirt, and sip on a strong alcoholic beverage while contemplating the waves crashing onto Pompano Beach!

Rupert
Rupert Dork
2/13/15 9:29 a.m.

Gary,

So was I. Every year we go down to Bonaire for a month at least, sometimes up to three right after Christmas. We share a place down there with another couple.

Last Fall Molly got hurt while we on our trip across to England on the QMII. She broke her hand so badly we've had her into hand surgeries and she is still undergoing therapy.

Bottom Line: We're still stuck up here in the cold while our friends tell us daily, all the things they are doing. Which is basically the same things we do every year we're there. We're hoping she gets through this patch soon enough that we can get down there before it gets too hot.

Funny thing about Bonaire. All winter it is full of people from North America trying to escape the cold. All summer it is full of people from Europe wanting the hyper heat! In fact the Netherlands still owns Bonaire and Dutch is the offical language there. But very few Dutch are there when we normally are. It's not hot enough for them yet!

Rupert
Rupert Dork
2/17/15 2:12 p.m.

Man did I mess up! 8" of snow here yesterday. And the couple we share a house with in Bonaire with called us on Skype to ask if we were enjoying it??!!

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
2/17/15 6:46 p.m.

How about a 325iX? I'm driving one every day in the winter.

jp498 wrote: Owls Head transportation museum nearby has a model T with tracks and skis. It's on their https://www.facebook.com/OwlsHeadTransportationMuseum with pix and video.

At my first job out of college 36 years ago, I had a coworker who was hard core into Model T Fords. He drove a TT truck year round, which in Minnesota was no small feat.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k5od8Pc20LggCaOFoyWrxIrq5JTjvGILjpg4KEFAMegEdkVuT737PyhYS1B2IV2G