Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/22/08 9:08 a.m.

Our project Tiger drove for the first time since 1974 the other day. First it was just on to the trailer to go to the exhaust shop and then after a visit there and to Andres Automotive for a super trick alignment we got some seat time. Still need to sort a few things, like the clutch master cylinder and some wiring issues, but overall am very, very pleased with how this one came out. The Tiger is comfortable, handles well and seems to have better than adequate power (understatement intentional). Need to build the traction bars to really explore this area. We will bring it to the Mitty!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
4/22/08 9:16 a.m.
André Rousseau
André Rousseau None
4/22/08 9:31 p.m.

Another heart beat closer to the Group 44 GT6.

pjr300
pjr300 None
4/22/08 9:44 p.m.

Great news! Congrats!!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/24/08 6:32 p.m.

Yes, I am one step closer to the GT6. We will start it and the Corvair almost immediately.

André Rousseau
André Rousseau None
4/24/08 7:33 p.m.

No rush, I have a 2 yr subscription now :) :twisted:

stu67tiger
stu67tiger None
4/28/08 2:46 p.m.

Getting back to my previous question, how did the brakes feel with that dual master cylinder? Real gorilla leg stuff, or what? Would you let your wife drive it? Math says it should take more, maybe double the effort, without the booster.

I'm torn between going dual similar to your setup, or dumping the booster and swithching to a 0.625 diameter single master cyl, to keep the effort similar to original

Stu

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/29/08 7:17 a.m.

I am still dialing in the brakes. I worked yesterday afternoon on bedding in the pads. The effort is significant, but not horrible. Margie learned to drive in a 1961 Ranchero with four wheel non-power drum brakes and a 1966 Shelby, so she might not be the best choice for a chick test of the brakes. Overall, the car is amazingly comfortable and tight to drive and very, very mellow. Then you hit the gas and all hell brakes loose. Tiger was an apt name for these cars. Still need to sort some stuff, but very, very pleased with this one. I am looking for rallies to enter with it now and plan on taking it to Monterey to cruise with.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2OrOuiwpRdZELsSsbkcozFQtOHM7ja7uwh0xQZHAeSnKrfRQmTgBTo4FiOei2krD