The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
4/7/21 11:28 a.m.

Sponsored Content Presented by Sunoco Race Fuels.

Lead was legislated out of pump fuel decades ago, but there’s still a place that you’ll find it: at the track. Adding lead to gasoline is an easy, inexpensive way to increase octane, something craved by high-compression, fast-spinning e…

Read the rest of the story

Brian_13
Brian_13 New Reader
4/8/21 7:32 p.m.

No car needs leaded fuel. If Formula One can run their engines without lead, so can everyone else. The insistence of some racers on continuing to burn leaded fuel is a huge middle-finger salute to the rest of the world, and only reinforces the impression that auto enthusiasts are obnoxious selfish jerks. If sanctioning bodies had any integrity, they would ban leaded fuel... but they all exist for either the convenience of competitors or for profit, and neither comes with any expectation of responsibility.

dougie
dougie HalfDork
4/17/21 11:37 p.m.
Brian_13 said:

No car needs leaded fuel. If Formula One can run their engines without lead, so can everyone else. The insistence of some racers on continuing to burn leaded fuel is a huge middle-finger salute to the rest of the world, and only reinforces the impression that auto enthusiasts are obnoxious selfish jerks. If sanctioning bodies had any integrity, they would ban leaded fuel... but they all exist for either the convenience of competitors or for profit, and neither comes with any expectation of responsibility.

When you can assure me that Russia, China, and Korean, etc. go unleaded only I'm totally on board. Until then you'll see my middle figure.....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
f0TBpltKXFUbPVn49qT829SuZo1dC0Mr1KXcPcRXnrJx9JwBYnI91PkAE3deB8hm