Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
7/13/09 2:36 p.m.
feature_image

Building a high-powered Midget engine is fairly simple. Making it durable and easy to live with is a bit tougher, as we demonstrated in our September issue.

The wizards at APT helped us create a Midget engine that will provide plenty of power yet remain reliable. For more details on how we did it,…

Read the rest of the story

Seescott
Seescott New Reader
7/13/09 9:16 p.m.

WOW!!!

TJF
TJF New Reader
8/16/09 11:08 p.m.

If I were to spend that kind of cash on an A-series engine I would either install a 7 port head or even better do the K-series DOHC BMW motorcycle head conversion. The thing I find frustrating is that with all that money spent, just think how much that would buy you if you building a SBC.

tatekc
tatekc None
8/19/09 1:33 a.m.

Making a "period looking" engine more powerful takes finesse and skill; not to mention taste. All of these things cost money. There are small block Chevys galore in Hot Rod magazine and others of that ilk. Unfortunately, they lack some of the above qualities.

Trevor
Trevor Dork
8/25/09 2:27 p.m.

You could subtract many of the parts like the degreed harmonic balancer, extra charge for off set boring, wedged crank, roller rockers, enlongating pushrod holes, nitriding crank, maniflow intake manifold, etc, and come up with enough extra cash to have a supercharged engine. It would be more streetable and have similar power. Of course... I'm biased.

johnsfolly
johnsfolly New Reader
8/26/09 11:29 a.m.

It's great to have deep pockets. When a mistress seduces us, we are willing to spend whatever she wants. 11-grand for the motor, plus all that body work. It's got to be for love. Come sale time, it'll still only be worth $7500. -JohnD (who loves his Spridget)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wjerl0oAZcrBt2ZPJlsLRJuQcA8nyvcw1fxCiV2zBLoD23xphtTTTGs8Dn4qm37b