1 2
Coupefan
Coupefan None
5/7/08 9:32 a.m.

OK, I may be biased, but echoing the thoughts of others, do something different. Try the forgotten B-sedan from the 70's, the 124 Sport Coupe. Everyone always remembers the Datsun 510, BMW 2002, Alfa GTV, and others. This car was the underdog, it was never given a chance to shine. Out of the box, it's potent on paper. I think it would have made a great platform if someone had bothered to develop it. Or then again, do an X1/9. Good racing history.

racerdave600
racerdave600
5/7/08 10:21 a.m.

I might add that the 124 Coupe did very well against the 240Z in a Road and Track comparison test back in the day. They called it the drivers car of the group. (240Z, GT6, Opel GT, MGB-GT).

124's are very underrated.

Brett Melancon
Brett Melancon None
5/7/08 11:36 a.m.

Of course, I am a bit biased but I would suggest an X1/9 as well. These cars are so underrated and once you understand them, anything is possible. Please don't compare them to a TR7, side by side, there is NO comparison except for the wedge shape. I will never sell my X1/9, I cannot say that about any other car I have ever owned. Brett

Julius Miller
Julius Miller None
5/8/08 9:23 a.m.

X 1/9........:omg::nice:

racerdave600
racerdave600
5/8/08 9:50 a.m.

I've owned maybe a dozen X1/9's throughout the years, and they're easily one of my all time favorite cars. It's really funny, they're vastly underrated by the general populace, even when new, but if you've ever driven one, especially on a race track, you know that hardly anything short of a Lotus feels like it.

I absolutely loved my old '74 with a 1500 transplant, and regret selling it daily.

Oh, and having owned both TR7s and X's, I can say there really is no comparison. The X1/9 is by FAR the better car.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1XWCQmnGoy1Iv5pQ4IXQWHTk20SsfreE1RAC36LeofL5USzIiCQP4SxeVjAdYT95