The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
12/12/22 8:30 a.m.

Story by Mitch McCullough

The lightweight French prototype stormed down the Mulsanne Straight as I shifted into fifth gear and slammed the throttle to the floor. Auberge des Hunaudières, the mustard-yellow restaurant legendary among Le Mans drivers for its festive atmosphere, blurred by at …

Read the rest of the story

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
12/19/22 9:53 a.m.

This seems to be a great way for getting a true taste of Le Mans' glory days.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
12/19/22 11:23 a.m.

I wonder what the budget would be to ship a car from the USA ,  do the race and ship it back home , 

I know that doing the Historics at LagunaSeca  can get pretty expensive .

tolyarutunoff
tolyarutunoff New Reader
2/21/23 3:54 p.m.

a couple times i drove my car from oklahoma, drove the historics, and drove it home; similarly with the pittsburgh race.

LanEvo
LanEvo Dork
2/24/23 11:02 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

Shipping prices vary greatly. If the car is street registered, then you can use a "ro-ro" service. That's about half the price of shipping in a container. If you're flexible about which ports you use and no time constraints, you may be able to find a better deal.

Many years ago, my dad shipped his car to Europe. We were going to be living in Italy. I remember he shipped from Elizabeth NJ to Antwerp Belgium because it was maybe half the price of shipping directly to Italy. He flew to Belgium and drove the car to Milano.

People in Europe think that kind of thing is crazy, but it's maybe 500 miles: about the same distance as getting to Mid-Ohio from northern NJ!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/26/23 6:49 p.m.

Possibly the coolest event that I have ever attended. The year I went, I saw a real Shelby Daytona Coupe run la Sarthe, almost got run over by Le Monstre, and saw like half of the entire GTO (not Pontiacs) production.

Targaman
Targaman
6/10/23 4:10 p.m.

Heading over in a couple weeks to support Cobra Daytona coupe #18 ; 2 Americans running in Group 4. Stop in and say hello ! 

Dave

ktisdale
ktisdale New Reader
6/16/23 6:28 p.m.

You can't have too much fun!!

911brian
911brian New Reader
10/8/23 11:19 a.m.

Seems like renting a seat is the way to go. Has to be some teams wanting to sell a fraction of the ride to offset costs.

Question is how to find them..

??

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AdhsiUavJRW1VadSbDrRyIP6045z2fJphapwYmNQM8h88E9ky6kZo0zKQZET3Rvv