Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
11/13/23 5:20 p.m.
feature_image

Over 20,000 enthusiasts descended upon California’s Sonoma Raceway this past weekend for the fourth annual Velocity Invitational, a three-day “motorsports and lifestyle event” that brought together modern hypercars, vintage F1 cars, old-school Can-Am racers and just about everythi…

Read the rest of the story

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/13/23 6:01 p.m.

It was a very good time. Perfect weather and tons of great cars.  My favorite race moment was watching ten laps of a Lotus  Elan harassing and swapping places with a V- 12 Ferrari. The Can-Am cars were great, but the F1 cars were so strung out that I thought that the leaders name might be Max. As far as the best Paddock cars.... too many to list. 

The Velocity events have a tinge of snootiness about them, but there's enough "real" car guys to make it worthwhile. The last one I went to had Mario Andretti making the rounds. This one supposedly had Lando Norris, but I'm not really into celebrities, so he might have been five feet from me and I wouldn't have noticed.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/13/23 6:17 p.m.

I haven't downloaded my SLR pics yet, but here's some I-phone action from the paddock:

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/14/23 10:57 a.m.

In reply to Kreb (Forum Supporter) :

Nice. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GAKz49HGCmeSe1M4ghux4EHvAIoCewOzQygLVnlyCDWUfnwlP4uNXnnEPOiHCBrk