Rick Goolsby
Rick Goolsby Events Manager
1/26/15 8:20 a.m.

I just want to say thanks to all who attended the Grassroots Motorsports Experience at the Rolex 24 this year. I hope that everyone had a great time and got to get a glimpse into the world of professional sports car racing both in our article in the latest issue as well as the "Golden Ticket" experiences we offered throughout the event. Also big thanks to those that support us through the purchase of subscriptions and merchandise.

Also I would not do this post justice if I did not thank our partners Continental Tire, Mazda, Battery Tender, EFS Combust, Pagid Brakes, Krispy Kreme, and Perry's Ocean Resort for their support. Really, without them, we could not do this event. Please make sure that you visit their websites and support them by purchasing their products. They are all great companies with solid reputations in the industry and we highly recommend them.

Also thanks to those (and you know who you are) that helped with the teardown after the race. What a team effort that got a bunch of worn out GRM staff guys and girls back home with their families, GRM fans back to their hotels and on the road, way before dark.

This annual event is sort of a homecoming for all of us and there was a lot of new faces this year as well. We really look forward to this event each and every year and we thank the Daytona International Speedway and their staff for allowing us to put this event on for you the fans.

Please be sure to share your experiences with us on social media, message boards, photos, and emails.

Hope to see everyone again next year.

Rick

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
1/26/15 8:33 a.m.

Thanks to you too, we always have great time. I am sitting at the airport as I write this heading back to cold frigid Michigan. 12 degrees up there right now. Look forward to next year and thanks again to GRM for all their hard work in putting this on.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
1/26/15 9:22 a.m.

My mistake. Oh it's 2 degrees in Michigan right now. 12 will be the high for today. It was a little chilly at the Rolex but way better than this. Sigh.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/26/15 2:45 p.m.

Thanks for the event, friendship, gold pass tickets and making the event my best one yet.

wheeler
wheeler New Reader
1/26/15 3:44 p.m.

Thanks Rick, we were milling around the tent getting coffee and you gave us Golden Tickets. We had a new guy with us and did NOT have pit credentials this year and really wanted him to experience it. Let me just say it MADE our weekend! That was better than a pit pass as the IMSA rep Diesel got us IN the tents and AT the wall a couple of times...unbelievable! We're all PCA members and were once again disappointed in their lame setup, lack of swag or freebies for members...freaking bottle of water...stay classy PCA. We pulled in to GRM at 930am Thursday and were given nice gift bags, coffee, donuts, whatever,everyone friendly and accommodating. We WILL be back next year with you as well! Thank you again! First class!

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/26/15 5:34 p.m.

this was my 7th 8th … yr with GRM .. as good as always … Margie, I was sorry to hear you were under the weather .. hope you're feeling better soon

hoping I can make it next yr

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/26/15 6:51 p.m.

Yeah, thanks, everyone, for joining us. Let's do it again next year.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
1/26/15 7:44 p.m.

In reply to wbjones:

Yeah, sorry I missed you guys. Pollen kicked my butt/sinuses this weekend. Gonna need to Claritin up next year and head off the migraines, since Spring is coming that much earlier to Fla.!

Margie

Wally
Wally MegaDork
1/26/15 7:47 p.m.

Thanks for everything this weekend. I had a great time.

If anyone is on the fence about going it is definitely worth the trek down there. This was my second time and both times have been fantastic. Besides meeting a terrific group of people that treat everyone like family, you get to park right in the infield, a big tent to hide from what they pretend is bad weather where you can watch the racing streamed live, and some food and beverage. Throw in access to pretty much everything all weekend and you couldn't have a better time.

All this comes ontop of a pretty well put together event. The racing is good with several cars having a chance to win their class right up to the end.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
1/27/15 10:14 a.m.

Back home, thoroughly spent but totally refreshed! THANK YOU to everyone on staff, from interns to owners at GRM for the best ticket value in racing. Your foresight in planning this event has made a lot of people very happy. Thank you...

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer SuperDork
1/27/15 10:48 a.m.

Thank you to the GRM crew for everything you've provided. It was my Dad's and my 1st 24 hr and it couldn't have been a better experience thanks to you all! The hospitality was 1st class the whole way and the "insider" tours were incredible. My dad couldn't stop complimenting everything on drive home.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/27/15 11:15 a.m.

was able to put 2 new faces to user names … great to meet both of ya … Troglodyte, and CGLockRacer

rsinn
rsinn New Reader
1/27/15 11:15 a.m.

Thank you very much each and everyone at GRM for the tremendous amount of effort that went into hosting the Experience. This was our first time to the 24, and you all made it an awesome experience.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
1/27/15 3:35 p.m.
wbjones wrote: was able to put 2 new faces to user names … great to meet both of ya … Troglodyte, and CGLockRacer

I think it would be cool to wear name tags at the dinner portion with our GRM website names. Just a thought.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zzn0hIO5DD1SGVSgAqTbNmKs15jq0paeQPRoKnjhDN8P0wzxXPEUSBiPDYZmMdnr