1 2 3 4
Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
12/3/13 2:31 p.m.
Driven5 wrote: Ironically amusing how all the antagonizing and whining carrying over from the 'Aston' debate is only coming from one side anymore...It probably just takes too much maturity to simply accept differing opinions, I guess.

You'd be wrong.... because I didn't give a E36 M3 in the previous debate and I don't give a E36 M3 now. I just found it funny. Maybe you should look into a sense of humor.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/3/13 2:36 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Precisely. I like it, and pending the prices on these, I might cross shop it with a fiesta st at some point this year.

Driven5
Driven5 Reader
12/3/13 2:38 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

I just checked my sense of humor, and it is fully functional. The lack of humor appears to be coming from the keystroke input generator on your end.

slefain
slefain UltraDork
12/3/13 2:41 p.m.

And here I am waiting til midnight on Thursday to get my official press release from Ford to post on my site. I guess the embargoes are going to start falling now.

Klayfish
Klayfish SuperDork
12/3/13 2:42 p.m.

I like it. It's a nice evolutionary look from previous cars. Glad they didn't try to go retro with a Mustang II look....

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
12/3/13 2:42 p.m.

I like it. I can't read the article, how physically big is it? I know it's lighter, but is it smaller?

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
12/3/13 2:59 p.m.

I like it... a lot! Can't wait to see the final product driving around. Nice job Ford.

plance1
plance1 Dork
12/3/13 3:01 p.m.
yamaha wrote: That actually does look different than the last batch, and considering that the unviel is thursday, I would guess this time is accurate. Anyone care to start the "IT LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON" Sob story again?

No!!!

plance1
plance1 Dork
12/3/13 3:03 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: It doesn't have an EVO profile, and I happen to like the rear better than the last mustang.

I agree with you, the latest mustang has the three tailights but with a goofy upturned angle (for no reason) which looks dumb.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
12/3/13 3:09 p.m.

I really like it. Mind you its loaded to the gills so the interior is a bit busy so most will be easier on the eyes and the lower rear valance needs to be all black.

I was really hoping for something a little more out there, the high stills will make it a no go for me because of my height.

Also it looks like a 4x4 in that side picture.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
12/3/13 3:12 p.m.

Channel or section that thing about two or three inches and you would have a nice looking GT. I'll wait to see it in the flesh and sit in it before I commit or condemn it though. If it won't drive comfortably with my arm on the window sill it won't end up in my garage, as much as I was hoping a lighter, smaller Mustang might be my belated retirement gift to myself.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
12/3/13 3:13 p.m.

interior is downright ugly

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
12/3/13 3:30 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: I really like it. Mind you its loaded to the gills so the interior is a bit busy so most will be easier on the eyes and the lower rear valance needs to be all black. I was really hoping for something a little more out there, the high stills will make it a no go for me because of my height. Also it looks like a 4x4 in that side picture.

I'm only 5'7" and could see out of my '13 just fine.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
12/3/13 3:44 p.m.

Feverishly waiting for the overlay picture. Since they say that the wheelbase is the same, we just need a good profile shot and someone better with computers than I to make one of them translucent and combine the images. Come on internet!

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
12/3/13 4:06 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
wearymicrobe wrote: I really like it. Mind you its loaded to the gills so the interior is a bit busy so most will be easier on the eyes and the lower rear valance needs to be all black. I was really hoping for something a little more out there, the high stills will make it a no go for me because of my height. Also it looks like a 4x4 in that side picture.
I'm only 5'7" and could see out of my '13 just fine.

Over six foot so no mustang for me at least with a helmet on.

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
12/3/13 5:11 p.m.

Anybody seen an Aston lately ?

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/3/13 5:18 p.m.

I like it. Enough that I may actually buy one in a couple of years.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
12/3/13 5:24 p.m.

The side view looks makes it look like the 86 twins fatter older sister.

Will
Will Dork
12/3/13 5:28 p.m.

I like the rear view a lot, but that red diffuser is begging for the Krylon touch. I'm not sold on the rest of it. These front impact regulations make the noses of all the new cars seem awfully high.

ransom
ransom UberDork
12/3/13 5:32 p.m.

When is the official reveal supposed to be?

I figure that's the next time I should pay attention, since a bunch of the technical questions should get answered...

stanger_missle
stanger_missle Reader
12/3/13 5:35 p.m.
Motor Trend said: The 2015 Ford Mustang's December 5 reveal will stretch over five time zones, and a new report provides a few more details about what we can expect for the U.S. debut events. The 2015 Mustang's world premiere will be hosted by "Good Morning America" in New York while Automotive News says the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood will be the site of the West Coast debut six hours later, at 10 a.m. PST.
bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/3/13 6:58 p.m.
Will wrote: These front impact regulations make the noses of all the new cars seem awfully high.

I agree, but how do they away with a low front on cars like the Corvette?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
12/3/13 7:14 p.m.
bravenrace wrote:
Will wrote: These front impact regulations make the noses of all the new cars seem awfully high.
I agree, but how do they away with a low front on cars like the Corvette?

It's about the distance between the hood and the engine if I remember correctly. Pushrod engines are (or can be) short.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
12/3/13 7:27 p.m.

I'm betting the next one won't have windows. You'll just sit in darkness and drive with a little LCD in front of you.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
12/3/13 7:32 p.m.

Awesome looking Hyundai....

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yWzSrXSotMrF317mMTtZrYxd6SXllDDD3fmZ8Yj7XCcBs2vSaxr0zbjOCM4PDxg8