1 2 3 4 5
nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
12/3/13 7:48 p.m.

I have no business posting here because I think the best use for a Rustang is as an artificial reef off of some cost somewhere but...I do see some similarities here.

nocones
nocones SuperDork
12/3/13 8:57 p.m.

Actually to be fair in profile view the accord looks better to me. Very nice proportions good size greenhouse nice rake to the beltline and good wheel location in the body. I really like the look of the current accord coupe. I keep thinking I need to buy one and do a silly MR conversion to it with some minor flares and wide rear wheels.

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
12/3/13 9:28 p.m.

I'm holding judgement until I see "real" photos.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
12/3/13 9:35 p.m.

I've liked the last three generations of Accord coupe. Visually anyway. I hope this is going to be a good car.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
12/3/13 9:39 p.m.

Rumored to be lighter, better brakes, smaller, manual option, RWD and still over 400hp for the base GT.

and you guys are still bitching, what will make you happy?

plance1
plance1 Dork
12/3/13 9:44 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: Awesome looking Hyundai....

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
12/3/13 9:59 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Rumored to be lighter, better brakes, smaller, manual option, RWD and still over 400hp for the base GT. and you guys are still bitching, what will make you happy?

Something that isn't a styling rehash of something else?

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/3/13 10:11 p.m.

looks like a 2 door Fusion to me.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler Dork
12/3/13 10:16 p.m.

It looks fine, not great, not ugly. I see quite a bit of 370Z in the roofline, personally.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
12/3/13 10:30 p.m.

In reply to aussiesmg:

A new Trans Am

Driven5
Driven5 Reader
12/3/13 10:34 p.m.

Realistically, you always have been and always will be able to find the repetition of some styling elements from other cars (both present and past) on any, and every, mass produced car...Some more so than others, and some better than others. But the more I look at it, provided these images are all the real deal, the more I think they actually did a good job making this look first and foremost like a Mustang.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
12/3/13 10:54 p.m.

In reply to aussiesmg:

A windshield that's over 9 inches tall.

Something more like this crude MS paint job.

photo newstangfixed_zps9ce58b1f.png

Though I've gotta wonder how much of that ridiculously tall body is to hold the DOHC V8.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
12/3/13 11:15 p.m.

So it's not just me that finds the passenger cabin kinda off?

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
12/3/13 11:21 p.m.

It reminds me of the Camaro reboot. I'm normally fine with enclosed spaces, I'd sleep in a bigass coffin if I were motivated enough to build it, but I think the Camaro gave me a little bit of claustrophobia when I sat in it one at the autoshow.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
12/3/13 11:23 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: In reply to aussiesmg: Though I've gotta wonder how much of that ridiculously tall body is to hold the DOHC V8.

None of it, it is all Federal Government placing restrictions on manufacturers for pedestrian safety.

Cause we all know how the Government makes everything better

(tongue in cheek avatar here)

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/3/13 11:34 p.m.

In reply to nicksta43:

OK, you have to go buy a current 4k lb camaro, call up lingenfelter, and leave the car and a huge bag of cash with them for awhile........you're welcome.

skierd
skierd Dork
12/4/13 12:49 a.m.

I don't care for the styling much personally, but I said the same about the early s197 cars too. I'm interested to see how strong the irs proves to be as well as the aftermarket friendliness of the turbo 2.3.

Not gonna trade my '13 in on one though...

logdog
logdog Dork
12/4/13 5:09 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Rumored to be lighter, better brakes, smaller, manual option, RWD and still over 400hp for the base GT. and you guys are still bitching, what will make you happy?

It to only cost 5k and be available with a diesel and come as a wagon.

Storz
Storz Dork
12/4/13 5:53 a.m.

I like it, will be in the market for a brand new car in early 2015 and this is in the running

Storz
Storz Dork
12/4/13 5:58 a.m.

This is a screen capture from a video that was on AutoWeek's youtube site, the video is now taken down but I think the car looks the best here

Storz
Storz Dork
12/4/13 6:01 a.m.

Another screen shot from the same video

Storz
Storz Dork
12/4/13 6:04 a.m.

More info from the Mustang6g forums

• 200-pound weight reduction over the outgoing Mustang, thanks in part to aluminum front fenders

• Two GT Performance Packs, one for the 2.3 Ecoboost and another for the 5.0 V8, includes limited-slip diff; V8 PP cars get 15-inch Brembos with six-pot calipers

• Ford says GT PP faster on track than 2012 Boss

• Standard keyless entry, meaning all cars get a proximity key

• At least some versions have MyFord Touch, but with physical knobs and buttons for HVAC functions

• 10% of production is expected to end up overseas, but Canada will remain second largest market for it

According to another source:

• The wheelbase is the same as the 2014 model (107.1 inches) and the overall length is nearly identical.

• The front track is the also the same as the 2014, but the rear track is 2 inches wider at 64.9 inches.

• The overall height of the new car is about 1.5 inches shorter and the overall width of the car is about 1.5 inches wider.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/4/13 7:10 a.m.
Ranger50 wrote:
Something that isn't a styling rehash of something else?

Umm... do we need to remind you it's a Mustang?

I don't have a problem with it looking like a 2-door Fusion... I like the Fusion... everytime I go to the auto show I bitch to whatever Ford person I can, "Where is the wagon???"

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
12/4/13 7:13 a.m.

Well, these are just rumors, so it will be interesting to see what happens with the rear reveal, as for opinions, well I think...

Oh yeah, nobody gives a berkeley what I think.

Storz
Storz Dork
12/4/13 7:25 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: Well, these are just rumors, so it will be interesting to see what happens with the rear reveal, as for opinions, well I think... Oh yeah, nobody gives a berkeley what I think.

I am pretty sure the AutoWeek pictures are the real deal...

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GF8E50EGnQRx5j9av8VUyV7Y4VdahRWu4gjJE7mt1wTMyR2HA3Kmr5p5xzojoLG9