Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
8/28/08 4:37 p.m.

I just saw that a 2009 Viper did a lap at the ring in 7:22. Dose eny one else know about this. I saw it at fastlanedaily.com Sorry I am not good with links.

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/28/08 5:32 p.m.

Also posted on Autoblog. 600hp, fully adjustable suspension from the factory, adjustable arrow from the factory. At speed can sustain over 1.5gs in a corner. Everything big that you need to go fast, everything else small. The new viper acr delivers.

After watching the video i think that with more time the viper could easily shave seconds off of the 122.1 time .

Tyler H
Tyler H Dork
8/28/08 8:24 p.m.

No doubt. Clunky gearbox. Running out of revs in 4th and 6th. With better gearing, I bet it could go a couple of seconds faster.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
8/28/08 10:51 p.m.

ARC tunes evos

ACR tunes MOPARS (from the factory)

Cotton
Cotton Reader
8/29/08 8:58 a.m.

The new Viper is awesome as is the ZR1. It's interesting how badly both of them smoked the GTR around the ring.

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
8/29/08 10:02 a.m.

Less than 7 seconds on an almost 13 mile track and the GTR was showroom stock down to the stock run flat tires.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
8/29/08 10:04 a.m.

ACR viper is showroom stock. you can buy one in that exact configuration.

and 7 seconds is a long time.

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/29/08 11:51 a.m.

i think of the three the viper left the most time on the track. The viper supposedly only spent a half day lapping the ring while the ZR1/GTR spent days/weeks or maybe even months in the GTR's case lapping the ring.

Nashco
Nashco Dork
8/29/08 12:26 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Less than 7 seconds on an almost 13 mile track and the GTR was showroom stock down to the stock run flat tires.

They were all showroom stock...weren't they? Like others said, the Viper left the most on the table, with more time they probably could have got another few seconds.

That is one bad ass machine, looks mean too! I'm happy to see the bar continue to rise, it can only mean good things for everybody interested in performance match-eeens. Word has it Mosler is supposed to be sending some car there soon to crush these times...?

Bryce

SupraWes
SupraWes HalfDork
8/29/08 4:14 p.m.

He never uses 5th ot 6th. 4th gear goes to 165 and thats all he used.

Someone I know should be taking delivery of his in September, I'm not much of a viper fan but I am excited to see it in person and see what its caapable of.

MCarp22
MCarp22 New Reader
8/29/08 5:58 p.m.
SupraWes wrote: He never uses 5th ot 6th. 4th gear goes to 165 and thats all he used.

I wonder why that is? Not enough power to overcome drag in 5th or something?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
8/30/08 1:02 p.m.

Isn't ACR simply a term that means "American Club Racer?" Not a tuning "company."

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HO4FelFkAiDdZbIM2rKdgiylIyvfKwGF8IKzZdwAu3n5y0vw9wQBKutCQucDeqox