1 2 3 4
pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
9/8/11 9:45 a.m.

The Sbarro Golf with the 930-turbo engine on a hydraulically-lowered engine bay was cool back then, and I'd rock it today.

So where are all these cars we are laughing at now? I'd rock most of them! (the cars of my youth right there!)

HappyAndy
HappyAndy HalfDork
9/8/11 9:49 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: In a bad german accent "STOP.....ITS HAMMER TIME!"
fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
9/8/11 10:16 a.m.

The wide body 6 and the Zakspeed Capri look awesome!

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit SuperDork
9/8/11 10:26 a.m.

this has made me want to dig through my stuff and pull out the pictures and brochures from the 1985 Frankfurt Auto show that my Dad took me to when we lived in Germany. (Of to the basement when I get home)

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
9/8/11 10:34 a.m.

I like all of these things.

Jay
Jay SuperDork
9/8/11 10:47 a.m.

^^ I should really hate that. If it were described to me over the phone I would hate it. But... I don't. I love it. There's something wrong with me.

TIme to add my own - I think this kit was actually a factory variant, or at least very, very common:

This one doesn't have the Testarossa louvers, but it's in the correct colour: Want.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
9/8/11 10:59 a.m.

mmrrmmm... Renault Alpine. One of the few french cars I would sell body parts for

darkbuddha
darkbuddha Reader
9/8/11 11:04 a.m.

A personal favorite:

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/8/11 11:09 a.m.

One day I should scan my old Zender catalog.

Raze
Raze Dork
9/8/11 11:33 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Today I'm going to scan my old Zender catalog.

Fixed for ya

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/8/11 11:56 a.m.

It's the master catalog circa 1993, so it's going to be a big scanning job. Zender stuff was tasteful for the day, however. They didn't go off the reservation like some others.

Raze
Raze Dork
9/8/11 12:04 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: It's the master catalog circa 1993, so it's going to be a big scanning job. Zender stuff was tasteful for the day, however. They didn't go off the reservation like some others.

Don't you have an intern for such important matters?

Raze
Raze Dork
9/8/11 12:07 p.m.
PS122
PS122 Reader
9/8/11 12:22 p.m.

We tend to blame the the Fast & Furious movies for all the automotive butchery - I kinda forgot that this was going on before those E36 M3ty movies came out.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
9/8/11 12:34 p.m.
darkbuddha wrote: A personal favorite:

Flares without the wheels to back them up is just about the worst thing you can do to any car.

Another 5 inches of wheel and tire and that thing would be awesome.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
9/8/11 12:37 p.m.

^^^ Maybe he is running on the spares?

Some of those kits would not be bad aside from the gullwing doors and Testarossa side strakes. especailly the black 911 (that might need a spoilerectomy too)

Jay
Jay SuperDork
9/8/11 1:01 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: Some of those kits would not be bad aside from the gullwing doors and Testarossa side strakes. [ ... ] the black 911 [ ... ] might need a spoilerectomy too

LIES.

Matt B
Matt B Dork
9/8/11 1:02 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: The Sbarro Golf with the 930-turbo engine on a hydraulically-lowered engine bay was cool back then, and I'd rock it today. So where are all these cars we are laughing at now? I'd rock most of them! (the cars of my youth right there!)

I was about to say, "WUTTHEHELLISGOINGONHERE", but you beat me to it with the explanation.

Jay
Jay SuperDork
9/8/11 1:05 p.m.

Hmm, I do have a black Starion sitting that's been sitting in a garage doing nothing for the last 3 1/2 years...

Matt B
Matt B Dork
9/8/11 1:06 p.m.

Speaking of black hatches, I'll gander that the designer of the M-coupe had this page of the magazine stuck together.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde HalfDork
9/8/11 1:21 p.m.

what were the little white hatchbacks that looked like rally fodder? There was a sea of those things in that shot....

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/8/11 1:24 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: what were the little white hatchbacks that looked like rally fodder? There was a sea of those things in that shot....

This one.

MG Metro 6R4. MG's Group B car and one of my dream cars.

largbrowneye
largbrowneye None
9/8/11 2:08 p.m.

Here are a few of my favorites.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Reader
9/8/11 4:32 p.m.
Jay wrote: ^^ I should really hate that. If it were described to me over the phone I would hate it. But... I don't. I love it. There's something wrong with me.

This was Pioneers show car for awhile, I used to see it at audio shows in upstate New York when I was ten or so.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
9/8/11 4:35 p.m.

what's under the panel in the front trunk lid anyway? More lights?

and what is the black hatch up above.. looks like an Opel emblem on the rear

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
e9oP79hDgpeR0DngRd9QNiuKH6LwJxQaDcsqOaArhz3lCaGfwEcEnAerHH9nq41e