1 2 3
mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
4/8/13 11:07 a.m.

My wife drove the 911 today which is nice I suppose.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
4/8/13 12:00 p.m.
AngryCorvair said: is it legal to have shiny paint on an old car?

Quiet man! The flat black/patina police are looking for me. You're gonna get me caught!

wae
wae Reader
4/8/13 12:15 p.m.

I took my FB on a work-related road trip from Northern KY down to Lexington last week and then took the turbo Neon to work a couple days last week. But the kids are back in school today, so I need three seats, so it's back to the van for me until school's out.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/8/13 12:17 p.m.

It was supposed to storm today, so I left the 320 in the garage at home.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
4/8/13 12:24 p.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote:
AngryCorvair said: is it legal to have shiny paint on an old car?
Quiet man! The flat black/patina police are looking for me. You're gonna get me caught!

i heard there was an All Patinas Bulletin out for you.

whenry
whenry HalfDork
4/8/13 12:26 p.m.

I was sitting at a red light in West Knoxville yesterday in the 911 with a Cobra replica behind me and XJ-12 conv sitting beside me. I figure this is what it is like every day in Calif. Very rare here. Drove it to work today because I didnt have to go to court and park it around the Justice Center.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 HalfDork
4/8/13 12:28 p.m.

i had planned on driving mine. Duster still isnt reassembled, waiting on TONS of parts for the elky.

so i drove the ACR instead. its more fun with the windows down doing 7400RPM on onramps in second gear. (roughly 50mph) but thats my daily now that the camry, longebed, grandam, and second gen neon are all gone.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
4/8/13 12:47 p.m.

Only took a month to melt the snow bank.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
4/8/13 12:51 p.m.

Define.... Classic.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
4/8/13 12:59 p.m.
AndreGT6 wrote: Only took a month to melt the snow bank.

Man this car is pretty. I want to park it in my living room.
I drove past a p1800 on my way home from preschool. It's cool car season.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
4/8/13 1:03 p.m.

Funny I want your 911 ;)

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim PowerDork
4/8/13 1:53 p.m.

Well, it took the 325ix to work today and that one is a year off classic plates.

Mind you, the real reason was that we had near-blizzard conditions this morning...

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro HalfDork
4/8/13 2:27 p.m.

I know the 99 Bonneville doesn't count, that leaves the 79 GMC Dually (not so great mpgs) or the 81 Camaro. Except the Camaro isn't street legal so, dang, I don't have a cool classic to drive to work anymore.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
4/8/13 2:51 p.m.

I took the MR2 for a drive yesterday. Passed many muscle cars coming out of garages, like spring flowers sprouting from the grass.

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
4/8/13 2:55 p.m.

I was at the Del Mar hot rod show this weekend and can't help but wonder how often this guy drives his to work...

jmc14
jmc14 Reader
4/8/13 3:15 p.m.

My brother lives in Del Mar. I visited him last year and went to the Del Mar show. Very cool.

That roadster was shown on a TV show called "Counting Cars" It's filmed in Vegas. It showed it being driven on the street. I would say that visibility might be an issue!

HunterJP
HunterJP HalfDork
4/8/13 3:24 p.m.

I daily drive an E30 that is a fun toy. But I came to work on this, today:

Older pic, but the only difference between then and now is some newer tires with moar grip!

Does it count?

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
4/8/13 3:28 p.m.

I always drive the classics

photo 20130402_143640_zps58b3f414.jpg

Mine is of course the oldest and cheapest in this picture.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
4/8/13 3:32 p.m.

In reply to HunterJP:

Ooh, me likey. Should you ever decide to rid yourself of it, please let me know.

ransom
ransom UltraDork
4/8/13 3:33 p.m.

I have a '70 2002 and a '63 Ranchero parked outside my (home) office, does that count?

No, it doesn't. They don't run. I'm just trying to make myself feel better...

arsine
arsine New Reader
4/8/13 3:40 p.m.

my classic doubles as my dd

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
4/8/13 5:23 p.m.

I still need to gather few more parts for the yugo and spend a weekend putting it together. Needs control arms, thermostat, manifold gaskets, new temp gauge, trans and engine oil changed, and the ignition sorted, I have 3 junkyard fresh ignitors from various early 80s VWs and Volvos, one has to still work.

Its a classic, qualifies for historical plates and everything.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/8/13 6:31 p.m.

I didn't have to work today, but I drove my 911 down to work on the Model A.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
4/8/13 6:48 p.m.

I spotted a lot of cool stuff out and about on my drive home too. All in all a good day, even though I had to work.

Markde
Markde New Reader
4/8/13 7:07 p.m.

Drove my 25 yo e30 vert today to work today. Along with every day since I bought it so much for being my "fun" project

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hsYbmkD9jHItBGaucb66a5acojKldQEicJvfFkTu8yVE1fIR14So6zL5XDt76xhR