1 2 3
skierd
skierd SuperDork
3/30/16 1:22 p.m.
Hal wrote: Haven't used it on wheels but I did the grille on my Outback in August 2015. It has held up very well thru the hot summer and the ice storms and blizzard this winter. Didn't do any special prep, just cleaned it well with rubbing alcohol and sprayed it on. Loved how easy it was to mask and peel off the excess.

I think this might be my weekend project on my outback. Looks so much better in black vs chrome/silver plastic.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/30/16 3:15 p.m.

Replace the Subie oval with Ford ovals and screw with people. That front end looks very SHO, and I mean that in a good way.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
3/30/16 3:26 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: In reply to DrBoost: 18x7

I'll check tonight, but I think thise are too big for my oven.

skierd
skierd SuperDork
4/3/16 9:02 p.m.

Done and done, hope it holds up. Looks a lot better in black imo

chiodos
chiodos Dork
4/3/16 9:28 p.m.

How many coats? Ive been having trouble keeping plastidip on the chrome grill of my grilfriends honda

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/3/16 10:29 p.m.

If you don't need the can for anything else, dump the whole can on the grille. More coats is key.

Happy Carmore
Happy Carmore MegaDork
4/3/16 10:31 p.m.

this thread is of interest

chiodos
chiodos Dork
4/3/16 10:42 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: If you don't need the can for anything else, dump the whole can on the grille. More coats is key.

Jeezeless, i put 6+ coats on it...your saying a couple dozen is key?

Mitchell
Mitchell UberDork
4/3/16 11:14 p.m.

Out of curiosity, rather than spending $700 to refinish the wheels, why not just get a new aftermarket set next time you need some tires? As a bonus, you'll have a spare set if needed.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/4/16 8:00 a.m.
chiodos wrote:
Appleseed wrote: If you don't need the can for anything else, dump the whole can on the grille. More coats is key.

No guarantee, but it can't hurt.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
4/4/16 7:32 p.m.
skierd wrote: Done and done, hope it holds up. Looks a lot better in black imo

Looks good to me.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
4/4/16 7:36 p.m.
chiodos wrote:

More coats are better. But more important is to put the coats on very heavy after the first one or two. I was afraid of getting a bunch of runs and ended up getting a somewhat pebble-grained finish because I didn't put on heavy enough coats. I like it but will do heavier coats if I do something else.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6rMG5xIMWqXxvNIRDAipwrym66tucnEz2ncmCANliIcBbADbVVgSbeHMZl9Sx9JV