fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
6/30/11 5:03 p.m.

V8 Supercars coming to Austin TX!

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/racing/entries/2011/06/30/australian_v8_supercars_to_rac.html

EDIT - my apologies to the Punctuation Police for the incorrect apostrophe in the thread title, I'd fix it but this high-tech software doesn't allow it....

FlightService
FlightService HalfDork
6/30/11 5:05 p.m.

Are they coming to the same track as the American F1?

Oh wait...

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
6/30/11 5:26 p.m.

Third time an article like this has been posted, but who's counting? I like 'em all!!!

Yes, the Circuit ( pronounce Sir Qwe) of America is bringing in the positive publicity and stirring some things up!!

I'm going to beat a rut in the road between Fort Worth and Austin it looks like. I can't wait for some HPDE and some NASA action.

iceracer
iceracer Dork
6/30/11 5:29 p.m.

Is this a spec race for Ford cars ?

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
6/30/11 5:42 p.m.
iceracer wrote: Is this a spec race for Ford cars ?

Fards an 'Oldens!

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
6/30/11 5:53 p.m.

I don't care, I'll be there.

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
6/30/11 6:01 p.m.

FACK! Too far for me to drive! I'm going to miss it in person. Looks like I'll have to fall back on TV.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
6/30/11 8:18 p.m.

Werd.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Reader
6/30/11 10:27 p.m.

I know where I'm vacationing in 2013!!!

A coworker and I are nuts for some v8 supercars, fords for him and holdens for me. I hope this comes to fruition.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
7/1/11 5:57 a.m.

I doubt the good ol boys will be too interested.. which is a shame, I find that the aussies have NASCAR beat for both excitement AND drama on the track

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
7/1/11 5:59 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: Yes, the Circuit ( pronounce Sir Qwe) of America is bringing in the positive publicity and stirring some things up!!

This here 'Murica, frenchy.

Sir cut.

jeffmx5
jeffmx5 Reader
7/1/11 11:23 a.m.

YES!! Now if we can just get Ford to sell the Falcon here I'll be set!

e_pie
e_pie Reader
7/1/11 12:14 p.m.

I'll just leave this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpEp3janpEU

e_pie
e_pie Reader
7/1/11 12:14 p.m.

I'd love to see an American V8 Supercar series pitting the 'stang, camaro, and challenger against each other.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
7/1/11 1:58 p.m.
e_pie wrote: I'd love to see an American V8 Supercar series pitting the 'stang, camaro, and challenger against each other.

That's Trans Am or the Conti Challenge. The Aussies use sedans.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/1/11 2:10 p.m.

World Challenge is pretty darn cool too. The Mustangs and Camaros are battling it out. We just need Chrysler to bring in the Challenger.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
7/1/11 2:18 p.m.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
7/1/11 2:26 p.m.
bravenrace wrote:

Now that's tough looking!

TheTallAsian
TheTallAsian New Reader
7/1/11 2:29 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: World Challenge is pretty darn cool too. The Mustangs and Camaros are battling it out. We just need Chrysler to bring in the Challenger.

You mean Fiat, right?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy HalfDork
7/1/11 5:22 p.m.
e_pie wrote: I'll just leave this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpEp3janpEU

That was entertaining, but whats up with the seemingly optional chicanes?

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
7/1/11 5:33 p.m.

I heard that they were trying to move away from the factory based cars and more towards the skittles like we have, will they even be real cars by 2013?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
7/1/11 9:05 p.m.

Will the General badge the Holden's as Chevy's during this event being that it's in Texas? I'll most def be making the trip, it'll save me a few grand from traveling to Australia or the Kiwi nation. Those guys def know how to race and what does Jeremy Clarkson say about the Bathurst race? "A Ford vs. Holden fist fight with a race going on somewhere in between"

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
7/1/11 9:18 p.m.

If I were ANYWHERE near texas.. I would go. 6 hours in a plane is a bit far for a race though.. not that I don't love austin

failboat
failboat Reader
7/2/11 6:48 a.m.

Wife and I are already talking about planning a roadtrip vacation around it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YsqOzGnHXcBDJNTBoJVsFu5HRYYy9oKnoiKY6U55DrWywB4QYLX1rKa7HwGD8yqg