1 2
Ojala
Ojala Reader
8/14/11 10:33 p.m.

There should be an autocross hat size guide in the magazine. My hat is about 14 in wide.

But I have a sneaking suspicion that you aren't really experienced till your hat is in the "autocross sombrero" 18 in range.

ransom
ransom HalfDork
8/14/11 10:45 p.m.

My dapper but as yet not-autox-tested summer hat has about a 3" brim. I'm concerned about aerodynamic hat-removal effects of larger brims and the relationship between running gait and the natural harmonics of floppy hats.

scardeal
scardeal HalfDork
8/15/11 8:11 a.m.

Don't wear anything too loose. You don't want any billowing clothes to interrupt your automotive nirvana.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
8/15/11 9:12 a.m.
motomoron wrote: Cargo shorts and a T shirt from the engineering school you went to.

^^^^Funniest thing I saw on the internet this weekend.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
8/15/11 12:38 p.m.

Drawstring shorts (no belt,) t-shirt, light shoes, no socks, no drawls. For the physically fit, brave, and shameless, you can take it a step further and go full Al Aberson.

sachilles
sachilles Dork
8/15/11 1:23 p.m.

no flip flops.

I don't understand the obsession with flip flops.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
8/15/11 11:41 p.m.

It was Cargo Shorts and my GRM T, along with my cheap Asics.

BTW, oil issues parked me half way thrue, and I ended up DFL

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
8/15/11 11:49 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Drawstring shorts (no belt,) t-shirt, light shoes, no socks, no drawls. For the physically fit, brave, and shameless, you can take it a step further and go full Al Aberson.

Is Al still sporting the running-shorts and shoes ONLY theme?

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
8/16/11 4:38 a.m.

Last I saw...

TxCoyote
TxCoyote New Reader
8/16/11 11:51 a.m.

With the heat in Texas, all events are clothing optional, but only if you wear the large hat and sunglasses

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
8/16/11 11:58 a.m.

Last Sunday I wore my "I void warranties" shirt and Wifey went commando as many suggested. Yes, it came up.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
8/16/11 12:54 p.m.

No affiliation etc....

http://www.gocommandos.com/

I wear swim trunks at hot events, that makes people laugh (and sometimes throw up) but they are comfortable, light, well ventilated and they dry quickly. My favorite AX hat is a straw one I got in Mexico several years ago, it keeps my ears from getting sunburned.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
8/16/11 1:12 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Last Sunday I wore my "I void warranties" shirt and Wifey went commando as many suggested. Yes, it came up.

Pics or it didn't ... oh, wait ... "wifey". Never mind. No offense!

mapper
mapper Reader
8/16/11 6:36 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Drawstring shorts (no belt,) t-shirt, light shoes, no socks, no drawls. For the physically fit, brave, and shameless, you can take it a step further and go full Al Aberson.
Is Al still sporting the running-shorts and shoes ONLY theme?

Same blue short shorts? I did like his yellow Lexus though.

steverife
steverife New Reader
8/16/11 9:44 p.m.

I've attended events with Al Aberson's name on the results sheets this season, but was unable to pick him out of the crowd as everyone was fully clothed.

This suggests to me that he may have made some wardrobe changes.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GFiUScbeoRM80J9dTEmVLR74uvVylrnXZ4igJwqEekjts3x8H9z6RX7jd8NW77cT