In other words Zero f__ks given?

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
5/12/13 8:44 p.m.

It is. No big deal, though.

turboswede
turboswede PowerDork
5/13/13 12:28 a.m.

yup, its a repoast and I dont give a berkeley.

cause I dont particularly like the car, but to each their own.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory HalfDork
5/13/13 5:27 a.m.

I love it too. Even though the owner is ironically putting in far too much effort in "not giving an F".

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
5/13/13 7:27 a.m.

Yup, it's a re-hash of a guy that put tons of time and money into a car that is built to the theme of having no theme. It's amazing how many people drank that guys kool-aid.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
5/13/13 7:28 a.m.

I suspect the owner/builder doesn't give a berkeley what we think.

Or does he

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/13/13 7:29 a.m.
ebonyandivory wrote: I love it too. Even though the owner is ironically putting in far too much effort in "not giving an F".

Yeah he has the most expensive POS RX-7 ever. Definitely trying too hard. What is next? Single speed "fixie" trans and no brakes? I believe the number of f**ks given exceeds zero.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
5/13/13 7:36 a.m.

Reminds me of my S13. Oh, crap. This isn't the minor confessions thread.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
5/13/13 7:47 a.m.

reminds me of Dennis Hopper's vette in the movie King of the Hill.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
5/13/13 8:09 a.m.

Congrats, you built a silly car...Ive seen dozens of silly cars...this week. There's a lot of cool stuff there, but the wooden chin spoiler? would some pop riveted galvanized roofing steel or a sheet of aluminum have cost soooo much that you couldnt have spared the expense? Yeah...If you have to scream "I DONT GIVE A SH!T" at the top of your lungs, then, youre a liar. But it does sound cool!

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
5/13/13 8:13 a.m.

I like the car well enough, but i dont know why anyone gets worked up over it. I dont feel like that kind of build is very rare.

It's kind of over-hyping something that doesnt justify it. If, for example, Matt Farah drives all sorts of crazy E36 M3 and then gets all happy about that car, it just makes me think im going to be let down by all the crazy/expensive E36 M3 i havent driven yet.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
5/13/13 8:37 a.m.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
5/13/13 11:53 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Yup, it's a re-hash of a guy that put tons of time and money into a car that is built to the theme of having no theme. It's amazing how many people drank that guys kool-aid.

The line "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake" comes to mind.

Markde
Markde New Reader
5/13/13 4:49 p.m.

In reply to Sky_Render

I posted the link before watching the whole thing, and hearing it cost 13k

The car would be much, much cooler as a 2013 challenge car.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
5/13/13 4:54 p.m.

As was discussed last time, the guy states it has $13k WORTH of stuff in it, not that he spent 13k throwing together a 5.0 swap RX7 with whatever parts he could find for cheap regardless of the aesthetics of it, which is what this is.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RFmkZ1CnHBLUkhrmJHhy09s6HpkOYWFihSnbrniB3ESNT39LMBCJs8yThavkeF7z