1 2
grouperalley
grouperalley New Reader
4/26/13 10:32 a.m.

you have 2 cars so i assume you don't have to hurry. how much do you drive, unless you drive a lot, gas mileage may not be as important as the acquisition penalty. whenever i get involved with finding someone a cheap car. the really nice condition/ nicely maintained, cars for the money are old people cars. ie camrys, buicks etc, that the owner just need to get rid of, they are on the front yard of some surbaban neighborhood or thru somebodys mom etc. for example my brother's lawn guy, bought my bro's mother in law avalon, for $3000 when see went to the nursing home. that car has less than 100k full service etc. bottom line my brother just needed it gone. whereas kids cars usually ie civics saturn etc are usually rode hard and put away wet. and the seller really needs money. so my advise expand what is acceptable and be patient, it will find you

beans
beans New Reader
4/26/13 3:08 p.m.

Honda. Accord.

You'll never want to own anything else ever again. I just picked up a MI/OH '97 LX coupe with a 5-speed for $1500... and it's nearly rust free aside from the trunk(shoddy spoiler installation/weird 96-97 trunk). These damn things are everywhere, for cheap, and they grow out of junkyards like weeds= lots of available parts for cheap. They're one of the perennial cockroach cars, too. IMO, easier to work on than Civics, too. I've owned tons of <$2000 cars(mostly Honda products) and this is by far my favorite.

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
4/28/13 1:14 a.m.

Yeah, i like those cars. Pretty easy to work on.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HQJ5LJ2sFZaGD0bKzyLPkRSs0QGxtsndrL6dxZPF6YB78eYNEhnepxmHEKsLjmSc