RacingComputers
RacingComputers HalfDork
9/18/24 8:33 a.m.

Anyone taken part in the Taste of the Track event at CMP?

On the surface, it would seem to be a way to get 10 laps around the track, prior to taking part in their other weekend long events.

CMP is 75 minutes from our House and looks like  a fair place to reintroduce the car to the track. (No concrete walls like Charlotte Motor Speedway)

The 2005 S197 has not been driven in ernest since the rebuild over the winter.

Thoughts, input, suggestions (Be Bice)

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/18/24 9:39 a.m.

Just checked out the info on CMP's site. Seems like a great way for someone track-curious to get some controlled laps under their belt.

Could be a decent way to give your Mustang a shakedown.

Spearfishin
Spearfishin HalfDork
9/18/24 10:18 a.m.

I just went to website. Was really hoping there was a culinary element, given the name. Thought I'd finally found my "in" to get my wife on track!

RacingComputers
RacingComputers HalfDork
9/18/24 11:28 a.m.

Thanks    Like that idea of getting the wife involved.  Maybe a WINE TASTING !!!

Details will follow

SuperDave
SuperDave New Reader
9/18/24 2:40 p.m.

In reply to RacingComputersi I went with the Miata paced by  well driven NA with spec Musta suspension) and a lotus 7 looking something or another which I only saw sitting on pit lane waiting for his group to form up, it looked the business with roll cage,Hoosier slicks and no could not keep up with his pace.  Great fun and my first on a road course.  The bug did not bite eventually sold my 95 Miata Before sinking money in a cage,or roll bar, or a car withh a sturdy roof,wheels,tires, shocks ,and springs. A minor miracle really  you can usually tell when I'm getting ready to sell a car or motorcycle by the number of recent receipts for parts purchased for it

RacingComputers
RacingComputers HalfDork
9/18/24 3:34 p.m.

Thanks for the follow up everyone

Sent the registration for the 2nd of October.

Details will follow

buzzboy
buzzboy UltraDork
9/18/24 10:19 p.m.

Never heard of that event but I've spent a lot of time at CMP. My only complaints about the track were solved when they repaved and we started carrying fire ant killer. Flat through the kink!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
J0IzDSMWvd6Dwu9NbETZ4gXXegtGi5KNEt41pK5j2l8K2bAQN9Ih3DNU61KJKtdg