BradLTL
BradLTL HalfDork
2/6/12 2:42 p.m.

Ok, so we bought something with the intention of using it as part of our challenge car. Since we bought, we've received numerous offers on it as a whole or in pieces. One such offer makes sense for us, and we would like to negotiate a trade.

I'm hesitant because I don't want to run afoul of the accepted behavior or budget rules with the Challenge, and open the door to protests. I'd like to keep everything as transparent as possible to avoid any concerns by judges and/or other teams.

So, what documentation has been accepted? What do you want to see? If at all possible, I'll document as requested and include it with our budget submission.

Thanks for the help!

unevolved
unevolved Dork
2/6/12 3:05 p.m.

For our documentation we had a printout I made in Word that detailed the date, parties involved, item, and method of payment for our numerous sketchy transactions. I would assume since we didn't receive any criticism otherwise both years we've competed such documentation is sufficient.

BradLTL
BradLTL HalfDork
2/6/12 3:21 p.m.

I was thinking about creating a doc similar to a bill of sale, just with exchanged items on each side and then showing the date and signatures of involved parties. Sounds like about what you did.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
2/6/12 3:30 p.m.

i typed some info into a cell of my excel spreadsheet.

jsymonds
jsymonds New Reader
2/6/12 8:58 p.m.

I'd like to add a piece of advice I once received about this question: "be prepared to tell the story."

BradLTL
BradLTL HalfDork
2/7/12 9:49 a.m.
jsymonds wrote: I'd like to add a piece of advice I once received about this question: "be prepared to tell the story."

Good advice.... that is the easy part. My concern is the documentation reflecting the story.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wYfxgz4WqtKuK0DT5OadcypkWUvSSgCWcVhJuC7uEIdSv1D5PYJuyFWcVXMPtKpT