1 2
alex
alex Dork
3/22/10 12:11 p.m.

Those Dorman cabinets looks just like the Würth cabinets/drawers you get when you carry their stuff. Man, they're nice.

So, all you gotta do is commit to buy way too much stuff that's way too expensive (and if you live in my territory/region deal with the worst kind of slick shyster asshat salesmen on Earth) and bingo: free cabinets, and your storage problems are solved.

Ian F
Ian F Dork
3/22/10 1:10 p.m.
Kramer wrote: Good luck finding an old Dorman cabinet--they're like gold. My father found a similar cabinet that originally lived in a factory or somewhere. Having perfectly labeled homes for everything makes organization easy.

If you're willing to pay the $$$$, Griot's sells that system, with hardware or empty.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
3/22/10 7:18 p.m.

I use the cardboard bin boxes. The same ones you see in the parts stores and such. I have hundreds of them. They come in a good variety of sizes.

Clay
Clay Reader
3/24/10 8:46 a.m.

As someone posted above, I use these:

On a particular project (like my Miata engine swap), I label the lid over the cell with a Sharpie to note what the bolts are for. It's re-usable as I can clean the Sharpie writing off with alcohol when I'm done for the next project.

I also use the clear plastic containers (like Peanut Butter) with the lid attached to the shelf overhead for random bolts, etc. I use Salsa containers from Costco though.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
3/24/10 9:48 a.m.

I went out and got 2 of those yellow bins with a 20% off coupon. They are perfect. Looks like I'll fill 1 and 1/4 of the other.

rogerbvonceg
rogerbvonceg New Reader
3/25/10 1:22 p.m.
Clay wrote: I use Salsa containers from Costco though.

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

-Yukon Cornelius
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QRcEIz44hMyDiEmpRMvZPpdudESX2KAkNOxRtHDTvyGsxaV7byYO9km13p8F3l1p