GTwannaB
GTwannaB New Reader
1/27/09 11:35 a.m.

I am shopping for some timing chain parts for my Nissan SR20DE motor and I see these two part manufacturers on both Autozone and Rock Auto. The Cloyes parts are significantly less expenses. E.g. Chain Tensioner - Cloyes $35, Beck Arnley $63. I am fine paying the extra money for higher quality, but I have no reference point on these makes. Any experiences with these guys?

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
1/27/09 12:11 p.m.

From my experience BA and Cloyes do not manufacture import stuff here in the States, rather both repackage overseas stuff for their import lines. Chances are you will get the same thing from either one. BUT: the only way to tell for sure is to put them side by side.

Kramer
Kramer Reader
1/27/09 12:49 p.m.

Beck Arnley doesn't manufacture anything. They are a parts distribution company only.

If I were you, I'd buy from a reputable brick-and-mortar store (even if it does cost a few more bucks). The parts will probably be the same as the online retailer, but if you have a problem, you'll be able to contact a person.

iceracer
iceracer Reader
1/27/09 1:14 p.m.

And don't forget the shipping and handling cost.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
1/27/09 2:25 p.m.

Also check NAPAs Altrom line, basically the same stuff.

I am really digging a lot of the stuff Advance is carrying in their chassis lines right now, as well as CarQuests economy ceramic pads and the prices Autozone has on oil.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WTUDAP8Yo1C80kc8vmvZ6OxGa6F7Cxnmpc7K9RERRMNdC8rEqTOCqtyl3DBvut9X