96DXCivic
96DXCivic Reader
6/4/09 11:25 p.m.

Does anyone know where I can get a replica on the Convoy duck or Death Proof duck for less then $175? (More like $20)

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter HalfDork
6/5/09 12:04 a.m.
Wally
Wally SuperDork
6/5/09 1:59 a.m.

I'm not sure why I know this but http://www.stlouisdumptrucks.com/convoy9-04b_009.htm

This is the same hood ornament that was used in the Motion Picture "Convoy". John Billings has the original molds, and he's selling copies for $US85.00 plus shipping. It's a long story, but John was an apprentice for and bought the business from the man who was hired to make the castings for the movie. Incidentally, they also make the Grammy's! The casting features cast-in threaded studs, but they are spaced just slightly wider than the Mack Bulldog hood ornament. Your can reach John through e-mail, or write to him at Billings Artworks P O. Box 257 Ridgway, CO 81432 grammydude@billingsartworks.com

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
6/5/09 2:37 a.m.

Good info. I've been curious on "where" and "how much" since I picked up the soundtrack this past winter. There is a close up on the back of the CD.

All I thought was "I need me one of those to put on the next(first) truly bad ass project I finish". I figure its worth at least 25 HP alone, maybe 40-50 in conjunction with a strategicly placed GRM sticker

deathproofduck
deathproofduck
10/17/10 9:33 a.m.

In reply to 96DXCivic:

www.deathproofduck.com

This is our website. We make the Ducks.

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb HalfDork
10/18/10 12:10 a.m.

The GRM community never fails to bring any answer!

Marty!
Marty! Dork
10/18/10 12:28 a.m.

Can I get a duck in a canoe hood ornament made too?

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Dork
10/18/10 1:42 a.m.
deathproofduck wrote: In reply to 96DXCivic: www.deathproofduck.com This is our website. We make the Ducks.

He said less than $20.00

Sorry, you fail.

Try J.C. Whitney or something.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
10/18/10 11:55 a.m.
Marty! wrote: Can I get a duck in a canoe hood ornament made too?

This canoe gets a pass, since it's directly answering a question.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
10/18/10 1:03 p.m.

I saw one of those adorning the hood of a totally trick early model Peterbilt. It was unfinished bronze with a nice patina. Only part of the truck that wasn't pearl white or chrome. I thought it was very well played.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Yj7iQkjUWhXqQlqCWvhWXdNLVzMOHgEFHyy6xP18b4NuaEQjCdi1gIaF1lwbSqts