1 2
Jerry
Jerry Reader
1/22/13 6:38 p.m.

...or am I the only guy rocking a Scion xB? Feels pretty cold and lonely in here. (Good thing I have the MR2 as well to keep me topical.)

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
1/22/13 6:55 p.m.

1NZFE Europa, y0:

(from a xA, but, hey, that's as close as I got.)

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
1/22/13 7:38 p.m.

Canoes don't like Scions I guess.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
1/22/13 7:46 p.m.

Canoe on an xB.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Dork
1/22/13 7:48 p.m.

My wife has one and we love it.

old_
old_ New Reader
1/22/13 7:50 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: 1UZFE Europa, y0: (from a xA, but, hey, that's as close as I got.)

1NZFE

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/22/13 8:50 p.m.

I just realized I've never owned a Toyota product of any kind. I test drove the xB back in 2008 or so. I thought it was dangerously slow. Accelerating down an on ramp to the interstate was all I needed to know. I did like the toaster styling at the time and liked the amount of interior space. Bought a Fit instead.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce HalfDork
1/22/13 8:54 p.m.

Gah, had a lady in a purple one with huge Mary Kay banner on the back who was convinced that she could only roll over the speed bumps in the parking lot at 1/16 of a mile per hour today. Until further notice, I hate them.

curtis73
curtis73 UltraDork
1/22/13 8:58 p.m.

My wife has an xB:

banzaitoyota
banzaitoyota New Reader
1/22/13 9:00 p.m.

Wife has a Soul

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
1/22/13 9:11 p.m.
banzaitoyota wrote: Wife has a Soul

Have you discussed eternity with her?

Jerry
Jerry Reader
1/22/13 9:41 p.m.

Guess there are a few others beside me then. This was at Tail of the Dragon/Deal's Gap in Oct 2010.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
1/22/13 10:12 p.m.

every time i see one of those, i keep thinking that another one will soon appear and 13 other vehicles will stack on top of them to form a giant robot..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSIQkMS6HoI

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
1/22/13 10:15 p.m.

In reply to Jerry:

The Dude abides.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
1/22/13 10:24 p.m.
banzaitoyota wrote: Wife has a Soul

As does my girlfriend. I wish it was the Scion. I watched a couple load a bathtub, vanity and toilet into one in the home depot parking lot, close the doors and drive away in comfort. In contrast the Soul has only slightly more usable interior space than my GTI. That narrow hatch really cuts into its usability.

The first gen XB is a great design. A throwback to the 80's that works. ....and before anyone starts complaining about how boxy the XB is I will preemptively insert my rebuttal that the beloved by many here XJ Cherokee is more boxy than the XB.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/22/13 10:27 p.m.

I want a first gen xb. They arent that slow with a manual. Easily scratch second gear pretty well.

EvanR
EvanR HalfDork
1/23/13 2:33 a.m.
Jerry wrote: Guess there are a few others beside me then. This was at Tail of the Dragon/Deal's Gap in Oct 2010.

I have one, too. And I will give my left testicle for details about how you mounted the auxiliary lights.

Catatafish
Catatafish Reader
1/23/13 2:40 a.m.
EvanR wrote:
Jerry wrote: Guess there are a few others beside me then. This was at Tail of the Dragon/Deal's Gap in Oct 2010.
I have one, too. And I will give my left testicle for details about how you mounted the auxiliary lights.

Boy you give up testicles easily.

petegossett
petegossett UltraDork
1/23/13 5:44 a.m.

My plumber/friend has one. I wish I had a pic, he's slowly building it up as a surf wagon. It has Mooney's, flames, and he built a tounge & groove floor to go over the cargo area & folded rear seat. I'm trying to talk him into a set of port-o-walls for it.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
1/23/13 6:17 a.m.

I like the Xb, Soul AND Cube. I like this style of vehicle. I actually like the Cube the best but it was impossible to find with a manual. Didn't really like the Xbs center mounted dash. I ended up buying the Soul with a 6 speed as my DD. It's no sports car (obviously) but I have been happy with it.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Dork
1/23/13 6:47 a.m.

In reply to T.J.:
My wife's is an automatic and I don't find it too slow. You just have top flog it mercilessly. It seems to take the flogging well,too.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
1/23/13 6:54 a.m.
EvanR wrote:

I lucked out! I was discovering all the assorted Scion sites when I first bought it in 2008, and someone made a thread about rally lights. Someone jumped in with custom brackets he fabricated to fit in particular spots behind the grill. That said someone offered to sell them to me, along with the Hella 500's for $80!

I bought them from said someone...

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
1/23/13 8:52 a.m.

I've been planning to get something that gets better mileage than my current car when it's time to replace it, and the first gen xB is on the list of what I'm considering.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
1/23/13 9:03 a.m.

To the OP:

No. Never understood the appeal of a box on wheels lacking "everything". Besides, I gave up bread/gluten for a healthier me. LOL

alex
alex UltraDork
1/23/13 9:04 a.m.

I'm strongly considering a first gen xB as a DD/delivery vehicle. I assume there's a dedicated forum or two for them?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZJgwApLJwdE1E5ic7fpAEq5BanijAwz2juVLlPoRBYAz973nB4PeKjF4eeZdUE9N