1 2 3 4 5
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/23/15 6:10 p.m.

I'm sticking this thread. Let's keep Rolex plans, Ticket exchanges, meetups, etc in here for now. Lots of folks out there that couldn't get GRM tickets looking for them, so if your plans changed this is the place to unload them. We'll miss you, but it'll give another GRMer a chance to capitalize on your misfortune.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing everyone in January

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
12/26/15 9:51 p.m.

David, are you still going to do the tour during the Roar before the Rolex this year?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/30/15 9:38 p.m.
Derick Freese wrote: David, are you still going to do the tour during the Roar before the Rolex this year?

To be honest, I have been so busy lately that it has kind of slipped my mind. If there are a few interested parties, yes, I'll put together something.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
12/31/15 5:18 p.m.

Someday......

06HHR
06HHR HalfDork
12/31/15 7:14 p.m.

Can only do Saturday and Sunday, but i'll be there. Hope to have a friend along for his first time, stopping by the tent for sure.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
1/1/16 1:44 a.m.

I'd certainly be interested in doing a tour.

Stumblers
Stumblers None
1/5/16 11:57 a.m.

First time doing Daytona 24, my brother and I will be driving down from Maryland and staying at the Days Inn Daytona. If anything is going on Friday night after 8pm we would be interested since we will be getting to town by 7. Cant wait to see the GRM tent, and the tour at midnight Sat. is a first come type I believe, hope we can join in on that! *any insider tips is welcome! Read last years GRM a couple times this week

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
1/5/16 8:18 p.m.

Anyone have any GRM experience tickets for sale? I bought some from Karl last year via Wally. Havent seen much else pop up. Thanks.

AaronBalto
AaronBalto Reader
1/5/16 9:15 p.m.

You can always buy the, um, Non-Grassroots ticket package:

http://corseclienti.ferrari.com/2013en/2013/01/enjoy-vip-hospitality-51st-rolex-24-daytona-january/#

Enjoy VIP Hospitality at the 51st Rolex 24 at Daytona in January In many parts of the country, the end of January represents the heart of winter—that time of year when indoor projects and staying warm are at the top of the to-do list. In the world of international sports car racing however, the end of January means Florida and the perfect winter getaway at the Rolex 24 Hour race at Daytona. This year, the 51st running of the 24-hour race on January 26th and 27th at the Daytona International Speedway also marks the beginning of the Ferrari Challenge for 2013 and is the first time that the racing series has visited the famed Speedway. Ferrari’s VIP Hospitality Package will once again put Ferrari fans as close to the action as possible on the high banks and infield of a track that has meant so much to Ferrari’s racing heritage. Ferrari will have an exclusive VIP Suite at Turn 1 for this famous race where guests can watch the teams racing the exciting 458 GT and 458 Challenge vehicles. Ferrari owners who want to enjoy the Daytona race will find this one-of-a-kind VIP Hospitality Package unmatched in its access and excitement. The complete race immersion experience features: • Track entry passes • Premium viewing area at Turn 1 • Access to the Ferrari VIP Hospitality area – an area to relax and enjoy premium catering and beverages • Full gourmet catering -- breakfast, lunch, beverages and snacks -- for all event days • Saturday night BBQ and cocktail party • Ferrari corral parking • Closed-circuit TV viewing of race from the suite • Ferrari Team Experience, including: - Paddock tour - Pit crew experience: Stand pit-side to watch as the crew services the 458 Grand Am during the race - Paddock tour: Get a behind the scenes view of the Ferrari race team in action - Technical briefing by the team manager - Meet and greet with drivers The package price is $1,495 per person*.

David S. Wallens
1/6/16 1:46 p.m.

Okay, we're doing a Roar Before the Rolex paddock tour:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/join-me-roar-before-the-rolex-paddock-tour/109228/page1/

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
1/6/16 5:36 p.m.
AaronBalto wrote: You can always buy the, um, Non-Grassroots tickets The package price is $1,495 per person*.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
1/7/16 9:13 a.m.
AaronBalto wrote: You can always buy the, um, Non-Grassroots ticket package: http://corseclienti.ferrari.com/2013en/2013/01/enjoy-vip-hospitality-51st-rolex-24-daytona-january/# Enjoy VIP Hospitality at the 51st Rolex 24 at Daytona in January In many parts of the country, the end of January represents the heart of winter—that time of year when indoor projects and staying warm are at the top of the to-do list. In the world of international sports car racing however, the end of January means Florida and the perfect winter getaway at the Rolex 24 Hour race at Daytona. This year, the 51st running of the 24-hour race on January 26th and 27th at the Daytona International Speedway also marks the beginning of the Ferrari Challenge for 2013 and is the first time that the racing series has visited the famed Speedway. Ferrari’s VIP Hospitality Package will once again put Ferrari fans as close to the action as possible on the high banks and infield of a track that has meant so much to Ferrari’s racing heritage. Ferrari will have an exclusive VIP Suite at Turn 1 for this famous race where guests can watch the teams racing the exciting 458 GT and 458 Challenge vehicles. Ferrari owners who want to enjoy the Daytona race will find this one-of-a-kind VIP Hospitality Package unmatched in its access and excitement. The complete race immersion experience features: • Track entry passes • Premium viewing area at Turn 1 • Access to the Ferrari VIP Hospitality area – an area to relax and enjoy premium catering and beverages • Full gourmet catering -- breakfast, lunch, beverages and snacks -- for all event days • Saturday night BBQ and cocktail party • Ferrari corral parking • Closed-circuit TV viewing of race from the suite • Ferrari Team Experience, including: - Paddock tour - Pit crew experience: Stand pit-side to watch as the crew services the 458 Grand Am during the race - Paddock tour: Get a behind the scenes view of the Ferrari race team in action - Technical briefing by the team manager - Meet and greet with drivers The package price is $1,495 per person*.

Really? Wow! I didn't know that. But I enjoy the GRM Experience tickets for the late night tour, parking space, etc.

Still looking to buy.

mk2mer
mk2mer Reader
1/13/16 2:16 a.m.

Sadly, I've had to cancel my trip this year. Don't get all excited: I don't have any GRM Experience tickets to unload.

Stupid responsibility.....

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/13/16 8:53 a.m.

do you have general admission tickets ? that would probable be what mxpisit needs

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
1/13/16 1:31 p.m.

Just got my 4-day tickets, hoping for some nice weather this year. I seem to remember being cold and wet last year, at least on Friday .

Is Continental no longer the sponsor of the Friday race? It looks like it is now the IMSA Weathertech Sports Car Challenge (BMW 200)? Any new entries I should keep an eye out for?

Definitely looking forward to checking out the new Ford GT in the Rolex race.

David S. Wallens
1/13/16 4:14 p.m.

The Friday race has been sponsored by BMW for a while. It's the BMW 200 (race) for the Continental Tire Challenge (series). You want to see it. Look for lots and lots of Caymans: "regular" Caymans in ST and GT4s in GS.

mk2mer
mk2mer Reader
1/13/16 11:17 p.m.

In reply to wbjones: I hadn't purchased tickets yet, so no.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/14/16 6:10 a.m.

My son will be "doing the Rolex" from behind the lens of a camera for ESPN. Guess I wont be needing those tickets I was trying to buy for him.

His equipment rental budget for the event is $30K, so I'm pretty sure he won't be shooting cell phone video lol!

He's pretty sure he is about to get invited to shoot LeMans, so he is on cloud nine!

(Proud Poppa brag off)

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer Dork
1/14/16 6:12 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

color me jealous!

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/14/16 12:38 p.m.
SVreX wrote: My son will be "doing the Rolex" from behind the lens of a camera for ESPN. Guess I wont be needing those tickets I was trying to buy for him. His equipment rental budget for the event is $30K, so I'm pretty sure he won't be shooting cell phone video lol! He's pretty sure he is about to get invited to shoot LeMans, so he is on cloud nine! (Proud Poppa brag off)

WOW

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
1/20/16 8:48 p.m.

Still looking for GRM passes if anyone has any available.

Jackgstl
Jackgstl
1/21/16 9:19 p.m.

I don't have the coveted GRM ticket but I do have a condo rented that I will not be able to use that weekend. All my buddies bailed and didn't feel like making the 15 hour trip solo. If you know anyone that needs a place to stay let me know. This would be a two bedroom condo on the beach just a few miles away for the price of a motel for Friday-Monday. The price for the weekend minus what it would cost to cancel my reservation would be about $350.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/22/16 6:15 a.m.

very good deal ... if I could go this yr I'd jump on that ... the Super 8 where I always stay comes in at nearly $500 for the Wed night arrival to Sun morning check out

AaronBalto
AaronBalto Reader
1/22/16 10:10 a.m.

In reply to Jackgstl: Interested. PM Sent.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/22/16 3:53 p.m.

Walking to my car this afternoon, I heard a very familiar sound.

Cool.

Then I realized that the start is less than 24 hours away.

Ugh.

I'm not so confident in the GT's.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XMfVdm2eqpuNN5w2SmfqT3JXGc0y3ZKEfblFMKpKAnmC0RlePtQooIhLOPHtK0xx