1 2
qdseeker
qdseeker Reader
9/20/13 4:23 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: Or any other regular service on a car.

Yes. My Civic currently has never had an oil change because the oil seeps out at just enough pace to where I'm pretty much doing it every few months anyway, lolol. And this has been since 2007. In 1998, I ran the region championship race for SCCA (Solo II). After the race, which I won, I was on my way home when I heard a lot of racket going on under my hood. I had completely forgotten to check my oil level. Turned out there wouldn't have been anything to check as I had no oil in there. Damn. Really loved that Neon, too.

Woody wrote: I have never gone more than 18,000 miles between oil changes...

I go about 40,000 miles between oil changes in my work vehicle!!!

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
9/20/13 4:40 p.m.

Well picking up 8 quarts of the Kendal synthedic on the way home.

What made me remember was I ordered some little stuff from an on line supplier and to get over the minimum $$$ limit for free shipping I added on a filter for the 924s. When it arrived I went to put the filter on the shelf where I keep them and there was already two there.

The other one I am bad on is trans flush's and replacing the dif oil. In the 924s it is one and the same but in the truck I just did the dif at 160K. It looked new in there. The only reason I did it was I had to replace the axle seals so the dif had to be opened.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
9/20/13 9:06 p.m.

I'm at 175,000 on an ecotec. I change the filter every 5000 and top off the oil every 1000 miles

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
9/20/13 9:46 p.m.

I use one of my trip odometers for that.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Event Marketing
9/20/13 10:32 p.m.

I already gave the Benz its second oil change. Every 3,000 miles with Rotella T, which is about every other month.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
9/21/13 12:04 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard:

On the full synthetic T6 5w40 you could probably double the number.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rKN13othZ0WKlex6hGpjfbyqMdXbcgztbFUNgLBUNBGeoW9aT8SWdPqdIeZgympn