1 2
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/28/17 9:21 a.m.
singleslammer wrote: I love that "being Canadian" is enough to describe your mental situation. If I said "being American" it would likely make people think I rode a 4 wheeler in wearing an American flag t-shirt, eating a cheese burger, and carrying an AR15. Maybe that is just how I see other countries seeing us.

It's like you can see my thoughts

(But not hear them, because you didn't mention the hair-metal soundtrack )

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
6/28/17 9:27 a.m.
singleslammer wrote:
Stealthtercel wrote: Being Canadian, I chose to assume that her language and courtesy skills were a bit lacking because of stress rather than natural ignorance.
I love that "being Canadian" is enough to describe your mental situation. If I said "being American" it would likely make people think I rode a 4 wheeler in wearing an American flag t-shirt, eating a cheese burger, and carrying an AR15. Maybe that is just how I see other countries seeing us.

Almost.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
6/28/17 9:38 a.m.
SVreX wrote: In High School I used to valet for wealthy parties in a very wealthy county. I got to drive all kinds of things, but usually only a couple hundred feet. There were more than a few times I got in to someone's car and seriously considered the fact that the pay for a valet was not enough to offset the opportunities created by a simple act of grand theft! ...even with the tips.

One of the lots I worked was next to the Indianapolis Athletic Club downtown. It was interesting seeing the cool higher-end cars(no true exotics though), and their owners who'd toss you the keys without a 2nd thought vs. the POS drivers who didn't want you touching their $500 Pinto.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
6/28/17 9:40 a.m.

This is basically my FIL, minus the Big Gulp & Oxygen tank(fortunately he gave up smoking decades ago). Add a Harley t-shirt FTMFW.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
6/28/17 10:09 a.m.
Huckleberry wrote:
singleslammer wrote:
Stealthtercel wrote: Being Canadian, I chose to assume that her language and courtesy skills were a bit lacking because of stress rather than natural ignorance.
I love that "being Canadian" is enough to describe your mental situation. If I said "being American" it would likely make people think I rode a 4 wheeler in wearing an American flag t-shirt, eating a cheese burger, and carrying an AR15. Maybe that is just how I see other countries seeing us.
Almost.

This is damn near perfect! I don't see any pop country hair metal covers blaring from the on board stereo though...

christinaylam
christinaylam New Reader
6/28/17 1:28 p.m.

This seems to be a common occurrence between my friends and I. I parallel park their cars from the passenger seat by rotating their steering wheel and telling them to brake or let off. It might actually be easier since I have a better view of the passenger side curb and mirror.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
6/28/17 6:26 p.m.

My roommate and I in college helped a girl get her car out of a snowy parking spot once. She actually left the car in drive and then got out to push. I'm still not exactly sure what her plan was for once the car was free and had no driver, but seeing as how my car was parked in the path of her's we figured it would be best to help before we found out.

codrus
codrus UltraDork
6/28/17 7:06 p.m.
914Driver wrote: That was stupid! How easy would it be for him to just drive off?

And then what? It's still a stolen car. I dunno what percentage of random passers by are willing to commit a felony car theft, but I suspect it's pretty low.

Besides, I'm sure it was insured.

stan_d
stan_d SuperDork
6/28/17 8:06 p.m.

I had to talk a lady through starting off, in a 5 speed. at a left turn light after she killed it repeatedly. Didn't make the tune for 3 cycles. After some coaching we were on our way.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette SuperDork
6/28/17 8:26 p.m.

It's my job to teach parallel parking among other arcane driving skills. You want a lesson?

When I moved to Burlington Vermont I worked at a small repair shop with a rather challenging parking lot limited by space and being on a slope. Customers would walk in with their keys and say there was no place to park. Without hesitation I'd grab their keys and say, "be right back." I'd then go park their car in the space I knew was there.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
6/28/17 8:40 p.m.

I read the title as "Have you ever met a stranger in the Alps?"

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/29/17 10:16 a.m.

Is this your homework Larry?

Will
Will UltraDork
7/1/17 8:32 a.m.
Huckleberry wrote: I read the title as "Have you ever met a stranger in the Alps?"

DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS LARRY?!

Furious_E
Furious_E SuperDork
7/1/17 11:43 a.m.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU berkeley A STRANGER IN THE ASS LARRY!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xgpmHQdJGcAd2GqMDovkSHLEgZRLBTN630zGhGi2EMZuatNkXXzkfAM3aIMG4dvu