1 2
johnnytorque
johnnytorque New Reader
8/14/11 8:54 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjearTKquGg

This is a super cool vid done by a fellow local Autox'er. All in Slo-Mo and some cool music.

(I'm in it, Red 944)

Hope you like it!

DavidinDurango
DavidinDurango Reader
8/14/11 10:09 p.m.

very nice!

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
8/14/11 11:57 p.m.

very very nice. Neat watching a couple of cars activating the ABS

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
8/15/11 12:15 a.m.

More goodness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaM7kgUlmhE&fmt=18

donalson
donalson SuperDork
8/15/11 12:21 a.m.

and to think shot on a little point and shoot camera...

that was fun :)

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
8/15/11 1:23 a.m.

wow... very nice for a little point and shoot camera. It was not too long ago that video of that clarity was the realm of expensive professional grade cameras

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
8/15/11 6:02 a.m.

Oooo.... i spy a Velocity Red MSM right at the beginning...

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/15/11 6:26 a.m.

am I the only one who cringed at 1:37 when he let go of the wheel?

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
8/15/11 6:51 a.m.

How about 1:07 when it almost looked like the Porta Potty was going to get taken out.

FlightService
FlightService Dork
8/15/11 6:56 a.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

Nope

FlightService
FlightService Dork
8/15/11 6:56 a.m.

Most of the video made me think of this

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
8/15/11 7:05 a.m.

those nomnomnom things still make me giggle.. thankyou

patgizz
patgizz SuperDork
8/15/11 7:52 a.m.

subarus smoking all 4 tires at once always makes me warm and tingly inside.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid HalfDork
8/15/11 7:55 a.m.

haha that Pontiac Vibe with all the wheels locked up sliding off course.

I saw an XRunner

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
8/15/11 8:38 a.m.

Nothing like a diet of tires and cones to keep a car happy,...If only women were so easy, lol

Ziploc
Ziploc
8/15/11 9:28 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: am I the only one who cringed at 1:37 when he let go of the wheel?

As the driver (and creator of that video) I was not cringing! I had just floored the throttle and was using the throttle to rotate the car around a hairpin. Not the fastest. But the funnest.

Glad you guys enjoyed the video!

I have another one coming up soon consisting only of onboards from the hundreds of cars that my camera was attached to. It will be a tribute as the poor point & shoot camera finally died after 400+ autocross runs.

I replaced that camera with a GoPro Motorsports, a DriftHD, and another point and shoot for my feet. Ended up with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qi-wHwLMQg

Graefin10
Graefin10 HalfDork
8/15/11 9:40 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: am I the only one who cringed at 1:37 when he let go of the wheel?

I was trying to remember "did I ever do that"? Probably, but I don't remember it.

IMO that's a good way to analyse your own runs.

FlightService
FlightService Dork
8/15/11 9:49 a.m.

DUDE I can't believe you would drive like that!!! You beat the crap out of your poor little frog-hippo-dragon thing.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
8/15/11 10:04 a.m.

In reply to Ziploc: I spy: what looks to be a handicapped parking sign at 0:55, and a light post at 0:57, the three cones someone put in front of the base isn't going to stop an out of control car. couple other light posts in other spots, but a bit farther out.

Ziploc
Ziploc New Reader
8/15/11 10:22 a.m.
FlightService wrote: DUDE I can't believe you would drive like that!!! You beat the crap out of your poor little frog-hippo-dragon thing.

I think it likes it. My Miata has 220,000kms and has been autocrossing for 5 years. It embarrasses many a car in stock form.

Strizzo wrote: In reply to Ziploc: I spy: what looks to be a handicapped parking sign at 0:55, and a light post at 0:57, the three cones someone put in front of the base isn't going to stop an out of control car. couple other light posts in other spots, but a bit farther out.

The signs are the unfortunate part of the lot we run in. We do our best to stay away from them. The wide angle lens of the GoPro makes it look a little closer than it actually was.

In regards to the light post, yes there are some in the lot. We put our marshal stations there so that they have something to protect them. The courses are never near the light posts.

Anything can happen anywhere. But we do what we can to minimize the risks of our lot.

Thanks for looking fellow racers!

Tyler H
Tyler H Dork
8/15/11 10:53 a.m.

I liked the footwork.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
8/15/11 10:59 a.m.

here are two grabs i took at :54 and :55. it seems like there are not just one, but two signs just off line to hit. we are all concerned with safety and things can happen, but this looks like just a really bad idea. coming in just a little too hot and/or locking up the fronts could put you right into one of those signs. earlier in the video it looks like the course parrallels a long row of signs, does this part of the course run across that row of signs?

Ziploc
Ziploc New Reader
8/15/11 11:22 a.m.

In reply to Strizzo:

Unfortunately there is no real escape from the signs in that lot. There are a lot, but we design accordingly to minimize risk.

Thankfully the signs don't jump out in front of the cars.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette Reader
8/15/11 3:59 p.m.

Definitely two of the best AX vids I've ever seen. Nice work!

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
8/15/11 5:59 p.m.

Thanks, that was nice.
Slo-mo footage is nice. They contacted me to ask permission to put some of my footage in there. But for it to match, they'd have had to run my stuff at normal speed or it would have looked like frame-by-frame

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ez3nUSU5DW4eaP0CWZxHDWh7tcxn3GXaJTuTseDINDZ0uCJATCxXDDlR6dWgEPqO