1 2
nocones
nocones UberDork
1/5/21 1:02 p.m.

What is the fastest new car available in your area for pickup today?  Not that you can order, but on a dealer lot in inventory.

I live near Champaign Il.  We don't really have any high end dealers, no Porsche dealer and nothing exotic.  There are no C8 vettes on the lot and our BMW dealer has a bunch of xdrive vanilla cars. Our Ford dealer is inexplicably a Rousch dealer and frequently has some gaudy Rousch modified mustang available and today is no different.  

https://www.champaignfordcity.net/VehicleDetails/new-2020-Ford-Mustang-GT_Premium-Champaign-IL/4622777423

A $101,000 mustang GT with advertised 775 HP. 

This would be a little faster then the Dodge Charger Hellcat available down the road.  

What about your town.  Jeolous of those of you with a McLaren dealer in your area.  Opening up to used would likely change the results but let's stick to new for fun. 

nocones
nocones UberDork
1/5/21 1:07 p.m.

Also..  I hate you Autocorrect.  You are the worst.  I clearly meant Area in the thread title.  

iansane
iansane Reader
1/5/21 1:18 p.m.

This is down the road from my barber.

https://mclarenbellevue.com/vehicles/2020-mclaren-720s-spider-928034552/

I stopped at an ARCO gas station leaving a few weeks ago to grab a snack on my way home and a 600LT pulled in to get gas that still had foam blocks stuck to the outside and the transport needed fully raised suspension. It looked odd. I wouldn't think they'd run ARCO gas but cheap is cheap I guess.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports HalfDork
1/5/21 1:22 p.m.

Little over an hour away from Sterling Motorcars https://www.sterlingmotorcars.com/

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
1/5/21 1:26 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

Corvettes galore, Mustangs too, Maserati dealer, Bentley dealer, Aston Martin Dealer. Mercedes Benz, (4) BMW (3) Jaguar Porsche (2) who has what in stock?  Don't know. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/5/21 1:30 p.m.

https://www.foreigncarsitalia.com/used-Greensboro-2018-Ferrari-812+Superfast-Coupe-ZFF83CLA6J0233626

I honestly don't have any idea what crazy supers cars are fast and what are not that fast.  But I bet there are some quick ones at that dealer.  I just filtered by displacement and that one had the biggest engine.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/5/21 1:41 p.m.

There is a Ferrari / Lambo / Aston / Maserati Dealer about 4 miles form me.  They always have crazy stuff on the showroom floor.  I was at the MB dealer about 2 weeks ago and there was an 2021 AMG s 63 for sale on teh show room floor.  Sticker was a tad under 180K.  

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/5/21 1:43 p.m.

I can get to at least one Ferrari dealership, McLaren, numerous Porsche dealerships, in no more than 45 minutes at most... I think there is a Bugatti dealership, though I'm not sure how that one works. So... Pick your poison. 

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
1/5/21 1:45 p.m.

That's like asking, "Who's the hottest single girl living within 30 miles of you?" How would anyone know this?

All kidding aside, unless someone's actively on top of the local inventory of all the fast-car dealers in the area, how would anyone know? If someone knows of a fast Porsche XXX at a local dealership, what about at all the other dealerships that haven't been checked?

Pretty sure the only answer can be that the speed of the available product is directly proportional to that area's income level.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
1/5/21 1:48 p.m.

We have a McLaren dealership in the next town over. I'd suspect that whatever the fastest car they have on any given day is the fastest car for sale in Oakland or Macomb county.

Old_Town
Old_Town Reader
1/5/21 1:51 p.m.

https://philadelphia.mclaren.com/en

10 miles away from me. Take your baller money there and then stop at Wawa on the way home. 

It does amaze me that they leave a few cars outside at night. I thought for sure they would all have covered (more) secure lot but who knows... Maybe there are lasers I can't see. 

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/5/21 1:52 p.m.

Posh.  You guys take on our Skoda dealership and then our Renault dealership and maybe we'll let you try our Lada dealership wink 

(Comrades)

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/5/21 1:59 p.m.
californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
1/5/21 2:01 p.m.

No idea what is  in stock , 

the Ferrari dealer about 5 miles away or the Porsche dealer 2 miles away....

the Ford dealer  , Chevy dealer , Dodge dealer  probably do not have the Mega HP cars in Stock.....

And I am not sure where our Lada dealer was , well really we would have had Yugo  !

dps214
dps214 HalfDork
1/5/21 2:03 p.m.

Probably this? https://www.toybarncars.com/used/Lamborghini/2018-Lamborghini-Huracan-9e9c57200a0e0a1754402ade76f13718.htm

That dealer is like 5 miles from my house. Down the street from that is a ferrari dealer but I couldn't figure out how to see their new inventory and they didn't have much used. There's a porsche dealer on the other side of town but they don't seem to have anything better than a 911 Turbo on the lot at the moment. Interestingly, at both the porsche dealer and the "enthusiast but primarily porsche" indy dealership up the street from me, the most expensive cars on the lot are cayennes, not fancy 911s.

CJ (FS)
CJ (FS) HalfDork
1/5/21 2:05 p.m.

The BMW dealer a couple of hours from us has a 2021 BMW M2 Competition in stock.  405HP, 6 cyl twin turbo,  6-speed manual.  0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds.

Yours for $64,545

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/5/21 2:12 p.m.

This is too easy in Dallas, but even if I could afford it, I wouldn't.

https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2018/porsche/911--gt2--rs/2361428

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/5/21 2:20 p.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

This is too easy in Dallas, but even if I could afford it, I wouldn't.

https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2018/porsche/911--gt2--rs/2361428

Taycan appears to be significantly faster through the 1/4.  And more affordable!

I feel like this or the Model S Plaid Ludicrous P100D whatever whatever has to be the fastest thing around.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/5/21 2:21 p.m.

Lamborghini Dallas is about 10 blocks away from my office. I could walk there during my lunch hour. 

Boardwalk Ferrari is right up the road in Plano and Boardwalk Porsche is right next door. Probably a 10 minute drive. 

McLaren Dallas is just North of Downtown which is about 20 minutes depending on traffic, and they also sell Bentleys in the same building. Park Place Porsche (the 2nd Porsche Dealer in town) is just down the road. 

Grapevine Porsche and Autobahn Porsche in Fort Worth are about 45 minutes away in different directions. Yes. We have four Porsche Dealers in the Dallas Metropolitan Area. 

If your Ferrari or Lamborghini STILL isn't fast enough for you, you might want to talk to Bob Norwood who has a shop about 15 minutes away. He might actually have some interesting stuff available on his lot. 

https://www.norwoodautoitalia.com/

Any more questions? 

MrFancypants
MrFancypants Reader
1/5/21 2:25 p.m.

There are two McLaren P1s within 50 miles of my house. Of course they're not brand new, but I don't know what the current king of supercars is at the moment and I'm sure it's on one of the Ferrari, McLaren, Lamborghini, Porsche, or Aston Martin dealership lots within the same 50 mile radius.

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) UberDork
1/5/21 2:53 p.m.
nocones said:

What about your town.  Jeolous of those of you with a McLaren dealer in your area.  Opening up to used would likely change the results but let's stick to new for fun. 

I live in the SF bay area -- lots of expensive car dealers here.

Fastest in what way?  General street use we've got several Tesla dealers.

Top speed is probably at the Lambo dealer, I haven't checked to see if they've got an Aventador in stock, but it seems likely.

Fastest around Laguna Seca is gonna depend on what they've got in stock at the various Porsche and McLaren dealers.

asphalt_gundam
asphalt_gundam New Reader
1/6/21 9:47 a.m.

Fastest car local???? Only one dealer in town - Ford/Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler and mix of used stuff.

Fastest thing on the lot? Probably an 850 Polaris RMK snowmobile... LOL

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/6/21 10:18 a.m.

In Town? One of these 2:

Rodan
Rodan Dork
1/6/21 10:35 a.m.

Just the big three here in small town Northern AZ... not much to choose from.  No V8 Camaros, and no new 'Vettes at the Chevy dealer, so it's down to Ford and Dodge:

2020 Mustang GT or 2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/6/21 11:15 a.m.

Likely this but they do have a few of the new Bugattis in stock.  This is down the street from me

This just has delivery miles on it ~30 or so. 

Used 2018 Pagani Huayra  Roadster

couple more miles but selling new still. 

Used 2015 McLaren P1  Coupe

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oLN4fCd9kq1RoOxBFurAIV6G6iYAf0bYLIdyCyBLrxV5tRpbdW1w9JpueODgTftE