1 2 3
Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
11/18/10 11:24 a.m.

To each their own, I guess.

I favor Alonso based mainly on his on track performance. When he beat Schumacher in a Renault...twice, He was the better driver in 2007 at McLaren, but had his talent squelched because of a little reverse racism and corporate favoritism, continued pushing the Renault beyond its conceivable limit, and this year drove a Ferrari that his previously championship capable team mate could not come up to speed with.

You can say "conspired to manipulate a race win" all you want, but it is a team sport, and should be played out that way. I would rather the team tell the slower driver to cede the position than to have something like this happen.

This moment is the moment that peaked my ire with Mr. Vettel. It will take a lot of talent for me to get over that little incident.

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
11/18/10 11:32 a.m.

But it's ok that your Alonso acted like a child when he thought McLaren was "favoring" Hamilton (which they were treated like equals)- when he held up in Hungary during qualifying.

And it's ok for Alonso to complain that Masa would not let him by, so that the team had to force him by. Note- I thought he was WHINING like a child, but I'm sure you thought it was team orders.

And it's ok for Alonso to win a race via his team cheating- so that the team gets thrown under the bus (Briatore is gone) as did his temamate (where is Piquet these days?).

And it was ok that Alonso was a poor sport to Petrov when, in fact, Alonso himself held up a multiple world champion for quite a few laps in Spain.

I have to say, it's a pretty funny spin you put on things that Vettel is bad for failing on an attempted pass of his team mate, yet Alonso is ok for acting like a spoiled brat.

I guess if you can sleep at night, there's no way to argue that.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZTSfi4IpEQf5wYiwKzTtF8LZXf5YTroOqcfhacwX8mFdsomQW8Rl2n7ZT2lwlah6