1 2
Vracer111
Vracer111 HalfDork
6/6/20 12:10 a.m.

I have them on my FR-S in 205/45-17 and prefer them over the Continental's (which I also had in 205/45-17)... best daily driver tire I've ever had, equally great handling in the wet and the dry with a little better ride quality than the Continentals. Just the right level of stick for the FR-S on the street, my top reccomendation for street tire for the FR-S and highly reccomend trying 205/45-17 sized tires on 17x7.5 wheels with +40mm offset for the FR-S. For track I'd probably run 215/45-17 DOT-R compound tires, like the Nitto NT-01, on 17x8 wheels... like the NT-01 when I ran it on the Integra RS I use to have.

Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
6/6/20 4:46 p.m.
NOHOME said:

Looking for tires for the FRS. Not a trivial thing north of the border due to cost and availbility.

Original plan was to get the Continental Extremes.

Vendor says it will take an unknown amount of time to source and run about $200/tire

Suggestion was the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 ( quite the mouthful) $145/tire

Any insight into these? Reasonable reviews on Tirerack, but for some reason I have never considered Firestone for a performance tire?

Pete

I have a set on the wife's fusion, they're great tires, a rebadged Bridgestone model from Europe/Australia 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3ZXBxspSwdB7LSnmd6W9LJqmt5ffx2IdehisGqOHUUMy1SjbARcAE9pX3hghA8RP