1 2
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Associate Editor
1/21/15 3:42 p.m.

I commute to DeLand a few times a week, and always like to look at cars. Just saying'

evildky
evildky Dork
1/22/15 2:12 p.m.

I had thought of asking someone here to have a look. I have a local bud that was going down for the race and was planning to have him eye it but the seller wanted to get the deal done sooner. I assumed because he had plans for the big race or would be working it etc. I presumed he was a bit dim from his listing and communications, I suppose it was naive of me not to suspect him unscrupulous. On the bright side I got my money back from paypal today!

Lessons learned; Do NOT be rushed by a seller. Have someone check the car out. Only prepay a deposit not the whole amount. If the moron shows up at the airport with a different car, wait at the airport for him to bring back the right car or walk away don't let him drive you 20 miles from the airport. Check for outgoing flights just in case.

In the past 20 some years I have bought somewhere north of 50 and I guess I've gotten a bit comfortable and was not as diligent as I should have been. Shame on me.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WS1fIbh9YYLDJfdM4vICin8iBjFpxN7OKcJuv8Zc5ydXSTgw4kwp59NmNsCUfBbl