1 2
Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Dork
2/29/24 9:32 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Severely underrated color on those cars. 

Tropical yellow also works. Like the BFG Banners with Lidio Iacobelli's coupe 

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
2/29/24 9:35 p.m.

Both cars are LX 5 speeds.

The price while fair is more than I want to do..........if he loses his mind and says 10K I am in.

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
2/29/24 9:59 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Yowza.  As nice as that hatch looks, I've got to say spend the cash and get the notch.  That. Is. Hot.  375 HP in a light car like that will be hilarious amounts of fun.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
2/29/24 11:44 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

I beat it up tonight and have decided on the Hatch for two reasons.

1. It really is more than I want to lay out right now (we are in the middle of a kitchen remodel)

2. My friend built the car with another local driver who was a state trooper (he was killed by a drunk driver) My buddy was only selling the car because his wife's Booster just got a big repair bill. He'd regret selling the notch. Selling Hatch covers the Boxster. 

A buddy of mine had a CHP car, high mileage, but he had no real problems with it, it had the factory oil cooler, etc.  A few differences in parts here and there at the parts store.  He had that car for several years.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
3/1/24 8:39 a.m.

There's really no way you can go wrong. I really like the looks of the LX hatch and the notchbacks; not the biggest fan of the 1987-93 GT though (favorite GT is the 1985-86 "four eyes"). As others have said, a factory 1987-93 LX 5.0 notch is an investment-grade car at this point, and will likely only go up in value. The prices are high right now on them due to rarity and the fact that they are lighter. 

Make mine a Calypso Green notch on Ponys. Right in my veins. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
3/1/24 9:04 a.m.
Cooper_Tired said:

Tropical yellow also works. Like the BFG Banners with Lidio Iacobelli's coupe 

Oh, man. That car was a legend in mid-2000s Fox body circles. I remember a story about him driving it from Detroit to some meet in Florida, where it ran 11s, then he drove it home, back when that was a seriously big deal. I met him a few times, there were a lot of cars with "Alternative Auto" banners running around in this era in those times.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
3/1/24 9:13 a.m.
Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
3/1/24 9:25 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

I'm not a Foxbody guy, but I definitely like this one.  

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
3/1/24 9:40 a.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

Except a few of the Detroit friends I had called him a certain name because he was a bag of hammers.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
3/1/24 9:41 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

In reply to Tony Sestito :

Marketplace - 1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Liter Coupe 2D | Facebook

Product photo of 1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Liter Coupe 2D

Mmmmm.  I like the new edge wheels even better than Ponies on a 'Notch. 

3/1/24 10:29 a.m.
Ranger50 said:

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

Except a few of the Detroit friends I had called him a certain name because he was a bag of hammers.

Oh, I certainly heard him called "Lidiot" on more than one occasion. laugh

adam525i
adam525i SuperDork
3/1/24 10:36 a.m.
Tony Sestito said:

There's really no way you can go wrong. I really like the looks of the LX hatch and the notchbacks; not the biggest fan of the 1987-93 GT though (favorite GT is the 1985-86 "four eyes"). As others have said, a factory 1987-93 LX 5.0 notch is an investment-grade car at this point, and will likely only go up in value. The prices are high right now on them due to rarity and the fact that they are lighter. 

Make mine a Calypso Green notch on Ponys. Right in my veins. 

You'll hate to hear this but back when these were just old cars and my cousins were heavy into the towing business one of these (5.0L notchback with a stick in this colour) came through their impound lot and the owner never claimed it. It lived out its days as a field car (we had a fleet because of that impound lot, my personal car was a 78 Dodge Aspen) at my grandparents where we'd chase each other through the bush and across the fields to my Great Grandmas house and back. We were around 14-15 at the time so the car must have been just over 10 years old.

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
3/1/24 10:46 a.m.

Notch? V8, manual? Decent paint, wheels, Pilots? Only $15K? Damn.

Gimme his info, I'll buy it.

I put over 100K miles on my LX 5.0 hatch back in the day - autocross, drags, daily driver - and I still miss it.  

rslifkin
rslifkin PowerDork
3/1/24 12:20 p.m.

From everything I know, the notch is the better car, but at least to me, the hatch is better looking (especially in LX trim instead of GT). 

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
3/1/24 1:39 p.m.

If it were in Calypso Green I would be powerless to resist.

3/1/24 3:22 p.m.
rslifkin said:

From everything I know, the notch is the better car, but at least to me, the hatch is better looking (especially in LX trim instead of GT). 

The hatch is considerably more practical, if that matters. It did to me when I was dailying one. The trunk on the notchbacks is tiny.

brandonsmash
brandonsmash Reader
3/1/24 3:31 p.m.

Absolutely the notch back. With 375hp, too? Easy decision. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
3/1/24 3:54 p.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:
rslifkin said:

The hatch is considerably more practical, if that matters. It did to me when I was dailying one. The trunk on the notchbacks is tiny.

I shall console myself with that thought.

If the notch were 10K I would have done it.

I set a 10K budget for a car.

The hatch does come with another motor that has Gt40 heads.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/1/24 5:58 p.m.

My notch back down so my hair can blow...not the same ring to it. 

rustomatic
rustomatic HalfDork
3/1/24 7:17 p.m.

Ice.  Ice.  Baby.

Sorry.  That dude owns this car forever.  A1A for life, yo.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HKndMGhEs8V4VRJRCFlerlafO6qfB3jj8DLcFMUV0tciokPy2DGN5xBedDh3O5W7