1 2
stroker
stroker New Reader
3/17/09 7:18 p.m.

Okay, so what about zoning? Can we build a strip club there?

Raze
Raze Reader
3/17/09 7:27 p.m.

what about a bar with the obligatory 'Drink & Drive Test & Tune'...

what an awful idea...

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
3/18/09 7:30 a.m.
Raze wrote: what about a bar with the obligatory 'Drink & Drive Test & Tune'... what an AWESOME idea...

Fixed.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/18/09 8:30 a.m.

we need to pony up about 120 a piece...then we should be able to get a set of Shifter Karts to keep at the track for any of us who's car "just won't start"....("just won't pass tech")

Raze
Raze Reader
3/18/09 11:05 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: "just won't start"....("just won't pass tech")

is that supposed to be a joke?

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
3/18/09 11:10 a.m.

hmmm.. can we get tax breaks for teaching the local kids just getting their licenses how to handle their cars in emergnacy situations?

ultraclyde
ultraclyde New Reader
3/18/09 11:51 a.m.

For a small annual income, I'll be happy to live on site and manage the track. I've got a background in advertising, general maintenance, event organization....(resume to follow)

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
3/18/09 1:29 p.m.

So...um...yeah. berkeleying awesome. Note the cars on course, endless configurations, and what could be a dirt-bike course to the east:

View Larger Map

More info. in a PDF here:

http://www.bizbuysell.com/listing-information-q392394.html

Nowhere near as cool, but roughly 1/10th the price:

http://monroe.craigslist.org/bfs/1037047257.html

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
3/18/09 1:51 p.m.

I've always loved the drive-through daiquiri places in Louisiana and Mississippi.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
3/18/09 3:50 p.m.

I bought a jug of vodka and a 2-litre of Tonic at a liquor store in Dallas. The guy behind the counter gave me a huge cup of ice at no additional charge!

TroyM857
TroyM857 None
3/18/09 10:11 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: Have any of y'all ever run at No Problem? I've seen various online references to it online since it was built, but never talked to anyone who's ever been there. And I couldn't help but notice this little gem from the article: "Saturday-night Midnight Madness events are especially popular with younger racers, who challenge friends to drag races and `drifting' contests, in which drivers intentionally spin out at high speed. (emphasis mine) Any of you drift guys wanna call them up and set them straight?

We have a local road race series called the Grand Bayou Race Series that runs at NPR from Oct thru April.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
3/18/09 10:34 p.m.
TroyM857 wrote: We have a local road race series called the Grand Bayou Race Series that runs at NPR from Oct thru April.

Hey, Troy..thanks for the reply.

So, what's the place like? It looks pretty clean on the Internets, but pictures & a track map can only tell you so much. How's it like to get in and out? What's the surface like? Does it flow like Road America, or pinched down like a Malibu Grand Prix?

Inquiring minds want to know...

rickyr
rickyr New Reader
3/19/09 8:44 a.m.

I race at NPR also. I've never have driven RA, but have driven at Malibu GP. No where near as tight as MGP. Check out this video of the lap record at NPR that was set at a PCA race a few months ago.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYcmkakaCW0

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
3/19/09 10:51 a.m.

I like it! Thanks for the link. I'm not a big fan of some of the concrete walls, but that's just because I can't drive as well as I'd like to. It's got some nice combinations in it..I like how they're set up as turns instead of chicanes. Nice racetrack.

And that 997 sounds glorious.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/19/09 7:47 p.m.

Be careful what you say. I invested in GRM stock and now hold 51% and look where it has gotten me. I am a slave to the place.

I never did get to that track, and wonder why he is giving up so soon. I would love to have our own track some day!

TroyM857
TroyM857 New Reader
3/19/09 8:59 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
TroyM857 wrote: We have a local road race series called the Grand Bayou Race Series that runs at NPR from Oct thru April.
Hey, Troy..thanks for the reply. So, what's the place like? It looks pretty clean on the Internets, but pictures & a track map can only tell you so much. How's it like to get in and out? What's the surface like? Does it flow like Road America, or pinched down like a Malibu Grand Prix? Inquiring minds want to know...

It's a fun little track at 1.8 miles. The facilitiy's main source of income is the drag strip of course, so there aren't many amenities associated with the road course. The paddock is all paved with plenty of room. The track surface is asphalt with concrete patches at some of the apexes and I would say is average for tire wear. I think the track has a nice flow, but wouldn't compare it to a place like Road America. As far as access goes, the tracks a little off the beaten path ( next to a sugar cane field actually) but it's easy to get to. (~45 minutes from either Baton Rouge or New Orleans). The closest lodging is about 15 minutes away in the town of Donaldsonville. We have a double race weekend coming up April 17th - 19th that raises money to benefit a local autism society. Details: www.grandbayoucharitychallenge.org

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
3/19/09 10:25 p.m.
TroyM857 wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote:
Hey, Troy..thanks for the reply. So, what's the place like? It looks pretty clean on the Internets, but pictures & a track map can only tell you so much. How's it like to get in and out? What's the surface like? Does it flow like Road America, or pinched down like a Malibu Grand Prix? Inquiring minds want to know...
It's a fun little track at 1.8 miles. The facilitiy's main source of income is the drag strip of course, so there aren't many amenities associated with the road course. The paddock is all paved with plenty of room. The track surface is asphalt with concrete patches at some of the apexes and I would say is average for tire wear. I think the track has a nice flow, but wouldn't compare it to a place like Road America. As far as access goes, the tracks a little off the beaten path ( next to a sugar cane field actually) but it's easy to get to. (~45 minutes from either Baton Rouge or New Orleans). The closest lodging is about 15 minutes away in the town of Donaldsonville. We have a double race weekend coming up April 17th - 19th that raises money to benefit a local autism society. Details: www.grandbayoucharitychallenge.org

Extremely cool. My parents are from Louisiana (my mom is from Oakdale, and my dad was from DeRidder-we lived for awhile near Lake Arthur when I was a child). I'm still very fond of it. I hope NPR finds a good buyer, so I can come see it one day..I don't get to LA much anymore, since all of my elderly family have passed on.

I checked out the vid rickyr posted, I kinda like the place.

Good luck with the benefit weekend!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZoZVtcc3VL2nbTyuZsmWPPH9Ed0gtGOXOO842PaeUEviFA9jgumffE9cz6xTZqDH