1 2 3 4
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/27/24 11:48 a.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

No need, they've already got his name (Rendon Dietzmann). Ghostrider's also been caught before and his real name has been made public (Patrick Furstenhoff) so I'm very interested in what kind of legal hackery keeps him from getting arrested these days, I'm guessing it's all about making the cops re-prove his link to his pseudonym and the vehicles in the videos.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/27/24 12:11 p.m.

Really it's a toss up over whether I have more contempt for these guys or for the cannonball guys. I'm not a real fan of the carceral state but I'll make exceptions for these knobs. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
1/27/24 4:51 p.m.
CrustyRedXpress said:
Mr_Sushi said:... he's said previously he doesn't mind if he goes out while riding and that at least he's doing what he loves...

I don't care if he kills himself riding either. What I do care about is that he's putting everybody else in danger. 

CO police need to subpeoena Google/Youtube and then his wireless carrier and throw the book at him. 

No way it would stick. Prove it's actually him in the video. No face shown. All he has to say it "it's not really me" and then what?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/27/24 4:56 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

Seize the bike and crush it in front of the guy who's not the guy. We don't know who was riding the bike but we know it was this bike.

Unfortunately, squids like this know exactly how to play"it wasn't me. Prove it" game all too well.

mr2peak
mr2peak Dork
1/28/24 8:27 a.m.

Track days need to be more accessible

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
1/28/24 8:56 a.m.

Wow, that was scary just to watch.  I have issues in the Miata just driving around town with people not seeing me and just cutting over in front. A couple of years ago heading north on I-75, I had a group of 5 bikes pass me like that all riding wheelies.......one guy was even standing up. 

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
1/28/24 9:00 a.m.

In reply to mr2peak :

High Plains raceway is close enough to Denver and has enough m/c trackdays available that it's no excuse for Gixxer Brah.

It's easier today than it's ever been to get a bike on track.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
1/28/24 10:14 a.m.

In reply to Rodan :

They don't let you ride in a T-shirt and Crocs, though.

People like him and the "street takeover" eejits that were so prevalent around DC a couple of years ago really berkeley it up for the rest of us. Maybe not directly unless cause an accident, but the restrictive laws write themselves if the wrong/right people watch this stuff. Not that we need more laws - all this carp is illegal already - but there's a pretty direct line between this and some of the restrictions we're already seeing in Europe, where some roads are completely off limits to motorcyclists, others are closed for motorcyclists on the weekend and so on.

MiniDave
MiniDave HalfDork
1/28/24 3:07 p.m.

Whew......that was an adrenaline rush just watching it!

I've driven that road hundreds of times and every year it seems the traffic gets worse......he did well to be able to plot his route thru the cars.....at that speed you have to be looking WAY ahead. 

I don't think he's local to the state since he said his bike was tuned for 600ft of altitude.....so I doubt the Colorado police will find him.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/28/24 9:33 p.m.

I think I ride a bit too fast because that looked quick for me but not terribly fast. Then I saw the speedo and had a quick think. 

I see people blow by me in traffic going around 100-120 all day long in SoCal on their bikes and don't think much of it anymore. The only difference is this guy put the video on the net for clout. 

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
1/28/24 10:08 p.m.

I would like to offer a modest proposal to the District Attorney in Denver:

File a reckless endangerment charge for >each< vehicle passed at a high rate of speed, sentences not to run concurrently.

Those are people in those vehicles, not cones at an autocross.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
1/28/24 11:45 p.m.

This guy is a putz.

As a young man I road my motorcycle like an idiot but never anything that was going to kill someone the way this guy is. 

It's one thing to blitz down a moutian road but this is just a level stupidity that deserves to he called out. Note I am not on board with the canyon racer videos either.

Again this guy is a putz........I've known more the one person who kilked themselves this way.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/29/24 8:10 a.m.
clutchsmoke said:
Appleseed said:

berkeley this guy.

Yep. It's just dumb. I ride. But while driving a car I've unknowingly nearly hit a few of these guys commuting to or from work. I check my mirrors and shoulder check almost always for lane changes, but when you carry that big of a speed differential and change lanes that rapidly? I had no clue they were there. I don't want to kill some reckless idiot because I changed lanes on the highway. And yes. The most gear they wear is a helmet 98% of the time.

all this.  Screw these morons. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/29/24 9:24 a.m.
Tom1200 said:

Again this guy is a putz........I've known more the one person who killed themselves this way.

Nobody here cares if the guy kills himself.  In fact, the sooner it inevitably happens, the less of a public danger he creates.  It's the people he'll probably take with him that are the issue.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/29/24 10:01 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

you mean like these:

What damage would be done to a human riding a motorcycle at 100 miles an  hour and hitting a parked car? - Quora

Do You See the Motorcycle? | Snopes.com

A motorcyclist in possession of an allegedly stolen bike was killed Thursday after a head-on crash with another vehicle at high speeds in West Hills. The rider was pronounced dead by paramedics in the 22800 block of West Roscoe Boulevard. (Photo by Leo Kaufman/OC Hawk)

Motorcylist dies in wreck along Cobb Parkway during high-speed chase

Failure to Yield: A Common Motorcycle Accident Cause

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
1/29/24 10:42 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

The Putz doesn't get he's on a 400 pound spear

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/29/24 10:47 a.m.

One of these guys hit a bridge pilon on i4 years ago in the middle of the night. They had the road closed into the next day as they were picking up the various pieces of bike and rider.  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/29/24 11:08 a.m.
docwyte said:

Depending on where in the Springs to where in Denver that's usually an hour to hour and a half drive.  For instance it takes me 1 1/4 hours to go from my house that's in the south Denver suburbs to my base in the Springs

I read somewhere that he was counting to the "Castle Rock" exit, so that it wasn't really Denver proper and knocks about 15-20 miles off the trip. I don't know anything about that drive or Denver. 

This and the "takeovers" and street racing........ruining the both scenes. I think California does it in some cases, but if you are caught doing a "takeover" or street racing, your car should go straight to the crusher everywhere in the country. 

Driven5
Driven5 PowerDork
1/29/24 12:13 p.m.

It's unfortunate more people don't care that by merely watching the video, they have validated the actions. Completely regardless of what they say about him after, they have given him exactly what he wanted from them... More notoriety and more money.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/29/24 12:20 p.m.

In reply to Driven5 :

Notoriety, sure, but not money - the video that's still online is hosted on a different channel, and there's no guarantee that he hits all of today's absurdly high thresholds for YouTube monetization, even with over 250k subscribers.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/29/24 12:34 p.m.
Rodan said:

In reply to mr2peak :

High Plains raceway is close enough to Denver and has enough m/c trackdays available that it's no excuse for Gixxer Brah.

It's easier today than it's ever been to get a bike on track.

My thoughts exactly. It's hard to find a track that's more accessible than HPR. There's at least one motorcycle open lapping day per week, and you can buy a season pass for $1500. Lack of access to a track is no excuse here.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ SuperDork
1/29/24 12:37 p.m.

As motorcyclists it's our duty to do whatever we can to report or aide in getting these clowns off the street.  They give us all bad reputations and are the main reason so many motorists hate motorcycles.  And no, I don't put put around on a big shiny cruiser.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ SuperDork
1/29/24 12:47 p.m.

Maxwrist created a whole little industry for himself doing exactly this all over the world.  I saw it reported though that he was actually multiple riders.  I can't speak to the veracity of that.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ SuperDork
1/29/24 12:54 p.m.
clutchsmoke said:
Appleseed said:

berkeley this guy.

Yep. It's just dumb. I ride. But while driving a car I've unknowingly nearly hit a few of these guys commuting to or from work. I check my mirrors and shoulder check almost always for lane changes, but when you carry that big of a speed differential and change lanes that rapidly? I had no clue they were there. I don't want to kill some reckless idiot because I changed lanes on the highway. And yes. The most gear they wear is a helmet 98% of the time.

Not your fault if you pull out on someone going triple the speed limit.  If you do see them (and you won't if they're in a Porsche Speedster the same color as the highway and aren't running headlights...you were too fast to live, too young to die bye, bye...) your brain is not accustomed to calculating that time/distance equation.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/29/24 1:50 p.m.
docwyte said:

Depending on where in the Springs to where in Denver that's usually an hour to hour and a half drive.  For instance it takes me 1 1/4 hours to go from my house that's in the south Denver suburbs to my base in the Springs

Yeah. I used to live in Thornton and my sister lived in South Colorado Springs. Add some downtown traffic on I-25 and it sometimes took me more than 2 hours.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7LbyrZJHVqkAakBmyxfxpMyq5bnW31XTs3Yzu19NEt72RWNdbw3tFvBHWlYD5rPh